- 3 hrs ago Best-Selling MPV In India For July 2020: Maruti Ertiga & XL6 Register Over 10,000 Units Of Sales
- 4 hrs ago Nissan Reveals Interior Details Of The Magnite Concept Compact SUV: Details & Specifications
- 4 hrs ago Mahindra Marazzo BS6 Model Dispatch Could Have Begun In India Ahead Of Launch
- 6 hrs ago Tata Harrier Sales Increases In July 2020: Registers 33 Percent Increase Last Month
- Sports Strasbourg confirm four new positive coronavirus cases as Ligue 1 return looms
- Movies Mamangam Actress Prachi Tehlan To Tie The Knot Soon!
- News Can you get the coronavirus from secondhand smoke?
- Lifestyle 6 Different Ways To Style Your Bangs
- Technology Samsung Galaxy M51 With 25W Fast-Charging Likely To Debut Next Month
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In August 2020
- Finance India's Unemployment Rate Improves In July To Pre-COVID Levels
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Skoda Auto launched the 2020 Rapid earlier this year in the Indian market. The car now comes with a petrol-only format and features the 1.0-litre TSI unit, borrowed from the Volkswagen Vento. The new 1.0-litre petrol engine replaces the older 1.6-litre MPI unit present on the previous model.
However, according to a Youtube Video, the new Android infotainment head unit in the Skoda Rapid Style and Monte Carlo is installed at the dealer end. The company used to import the car with the older version of the touchscreen infotainment system, which is being replaced by the new Android ones.
The 2020 Skoda Rapid 1.0-litre TSI sedan is offered with a starting price of Rs 7.49 lakh and has a total of five variants: Rider, Ambition, Onyx, Style and Monte Carlo. The top-spec Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo is priced at Rs 11.79 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (India).
Mechanically, the new Skoda Rapid is powered by a 999cc turbocharged, three-cylinder petrol engine. The unit produces 108bhp of power at 5500rpm and 175Nm of peak torque at 1750rpm. The 2020 Skoda Rapid will be available with a six-speed manual as standard. Skoda also claims that the new Rapid now offers 23 per cent better fuel efficiency and claims an ARAI-certified mileage of 18.97km/l.
However, the company is planning to introduce an optional automatic transmission also. This news was confirmed by Zac Hollis, Director - Sales, Service & Marketing at Skoda. The Rapid 1.0-litre TSI AT will be launched in September this year and is expected to use a torque converter gearbox.
Some of the features on offer on the new Skoda Rapid include automatic climate control, scuff plates with ‘Rapid' inscription, flat-bottom steering wheel, LED lights all around (headlamps, DRLs, fog lamps and taillights), leatherette seat upholstery, cruise control, and stylish dual-tone 16-inch alloy wheels. Safety features include four airbags, ABS, EBD, rearview camera and sensors, brake assist out of many.
Thoughts About The 2020 Skoda Rapid
The Skoda Rapid 1.0-litre TSI is the highest-selling sedan in the Indian market. The Skoda Rapid in India goes up against the likes of the Volkswagen Vento, Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, Hyundai Verna and the Honda City.