- 5 hrs ago BMW 5 Series Facelift To Be Launched In India On 24 June With New Features & Updated Design
- 11 hrs ago Revolt RV400 Prices Dropped By Rs 28,200: Bookings Reopen From June 18
- 13 hrs ago 2021 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Launched In India At Rs 2.17 Crore
- 15 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Variants & Engine Options Leaked Ahead Of India Launch On June 28: Details
- Technology Flipkart Infinix Days Sale: Discount Offers On Infinix Smart 4 Plus, Infinix Hot 10, Infinix Note 10 And More
- Movies Sherni Movie Review: Vidya Balan Dodges A Few Misfires & Rules The Kingdom With Her Adroit Performance
- Sports Denmark 1-2 Belgium: De Bruyne drags Red Devils into Euro 2020 knockout stages
- News Coronavirus cases: 'Delta Plus' variant of coronavirus found in Madhya Pradesh
- Finance Stocks To Be In News Or Buy On Friday, June 18
- Education Indian IT Companies To Cut 3 Million Jobs By 2022 : Report
- Lifestyle Shiv Rudrashtakam Stotram Lyrics In English And Sanskrit
- Travel 10 Best Wildlife Sanctuaries To Visit In India In Monsoon
Skoda Rapid CNG model has been spied testing for the first time ahead of launch in the country. The Rapid is currently the brand's entry-level sedan model, which could soon be offered with a factory-fitted CNG kit in the Indian market.
Ahead of its launch, the CNG version of the sedan has been spied testing in the country. Spy images from Autogram showcase a Skoda Rapid being refuelled at a CNG fuel station. Although the test mule is not wearing any camouflage, it is using a testing temporary registration number.
Apart from these, no other changes were noticed from the test mule spotted in the country. The upcoming Skoda Rapid CNG variant is expected to come packed with same about of features that are currently offered in the conventionally powered petrol models.
The 2020 Rapid is powered by a single 1.0-litre TSI petrol engine. The 999cc, three-cylinder unit produces a maximum power of 108bhp at 5500rpm, and a peak torque of 175Nm at 1750rpm. The engine comes mated a standard six-speed manual gearbox, along with an optional six-speed torque converter.
The same engine is expected to be offered with a factory-fitted CNG kit. However, the mileage figures of the engine are expected to be enhanced due to the characteristics of a CNG engine. Also, there will be a slight decrease in power and torque as well.
The 2020 Rapid is available in six different variants: Rider, Rider Plus, Ambition, Onyx, Style and Monte Carlo. The company is expected to offer the CNG option with the entry-level Rider and Rider Plus variants of the sedan. The Skoda Rapid retail between Rs 7.49 lakh and 13.29 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The sedan comes equipped with projector headlamps with integrated LED DRLs, LED tail lamps, dark green-tinted windows, 16-inch alloy wheels, and abundant use of chrome across the various parts of the sedan such as the front grille and window line; among others.
On the Inside, the new Skoda Rapid includes automatic climate control, an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, scuff plates, flat-bottom steering wheel, leather upholstery, cruise control, semi-digital instrument cluster and more.
Safety equipment on the Rapid includes multiple airbags, ABS, EBD, rearview camera and sensors, brake assist, auto-dimming internal rear-view mirror, ISOFIX child seat mounts, rain-sensing wipers and a host of other features.
Thoughts About The Skoda Rapid CNG Spied Testing In India
Skoda is expected to launch the CNG variant soon in its Rapid sedan, which will help boost sales for the brand. The Skoda Rapid rivals the Hyundai Verna, the Honda City, the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, and the Volkswagen Vento in the Indian market. None of the Rapid's segment rivals is offered with a factory-fitted CNG kit option.