- 1 hr ago New Kawasaki Ninja 300 BS6 India Launch Timeline Revealed: Will Rival The TVS Apache RR310
- 1 hr ago Ather 450X Series1 Deliveries To Start Soon In Pune, Hyderabad & Ahemdabad
- 2 hrs ago 2021 Audi R8 Panther Edition Unveiled Internationally: A Special Model Limited To Just 30 Units
- 3 hrs ago Ford Cars Midnight Surprise Campaign Introduced In India: Here Are All Details
- Technology Reliance Jio Might Launch 4G Smartphone In Q1 2021: Report
- Movies Arshad Warsi Aka Circuit On Munna Bhai 3: I Don't Think It's Going To Work, Raju Is Busy With Other Things
- Finance Nifty, Sensex End Firm On RBI's MPC Decision
- News Comments by Trudeau on farmer protests will damage ties says MEA after summoning high commissioner
- Sports BBL 2020-21 | Brisbane Heat spinner Mujeeb ur Rahman tests positive for Covid 19
- Lifestyle Samantha Akkineni Flaunts Her Style In Deconstructed Jumpsuit; You’ll Be Surprised To Know Its Price!
- Education Amazon Jobs: Amazon On a Hiring Spree Engaging More Than 1.2 Million People, Recruiting 2,800 Workers On A Daily Basis
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In December
Skoda Rapid CNG model has been spied testing for the first time ahead of launch in the country. The Rapid is currently the brand's entry-level sedan model, which could soon be offered with a factory-fitted CNG kit in the Indian market.
Ahead of its launch, the CNG version of the sedan has been spied testing in the country. Spy images from Autogram showcase a Skoda Rapid being refuelled at a CNG fuel station. Although the test mule is not wearing any camouflage, it is using a testing temporary registration number.
Apart from these, no other changes were noticed from the test mule spotted in the country. The upcoming Skoda Rapid CNG variant is expected to come packed with same about of features that are currently offered in the conventionally powered petrol models.
The 2020 Rapid is powered by a single 1.0-litre TSI petrol engine. The 999cc, three-cylinder unit produces a maximum power of 108bhp at 5500rpm, and a peak torque of 175Nm at 1750rpm. The engine comes mated a standard six-speed manual gearbox, along with an optional six-speed torque converter.
The same engine is expected to be offered with a factory-fitted CNG kit. However, the mileage figures of the engine are expected to be enhanced due to the characteristics of a CNG engine. Also, there will be a slight decrease in power and torque as well.
The 2020 Rapid is available in six different variants: Rider, Rider Plus, Ambition, Onyx, Style and Monte Carlo. The company is expected to offer the CNG option with the entry-level Rider and Rider Plus variants of the sedan. The Skoda Rapid retail between Rs 7.49 lakh and 13.29 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The sedan comes equipped with projector headlamps with integrated LED DRLs, LED tail lamps, dark green-tinted windows, 16-inch alloy wheels, and abundant use of chrome across the various parts of the sedan such as the front grille and window line; among others.
On the Inside, the new Skoda Rapid includes automatic climate control, an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, scuff plates, flat-bottom steering wheel, leather upholstery, cruise control, semi-digital instrument cluster and more.
Safety equipment on the Rapid includes multiple airbags, ABS, EBD, rearview camera and sensors, brake assist, auto-dimming internal rear-view mirror, ISOFIX child seat mounts, rain-sensing wipers and a host of other features.
Thoughts About The Skoda Rapid CNG Spied Testing In India
Skoda is expected to launch the CNG variant soon in its Rapid sedan, which will help boost sales for the brand. The Skoda Rapid rivals the Hyundai Verna, the Honda City, the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, and the Volkswagen Vento in the Indian market. None of the Rapid's segment rivals is offered with a factory-fitted CNG kit option.