- 1 day ago EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- 1 day ago BMW R 18 Cruiser Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 18.90 Lakh
- 1 day ago Delhi Government Working On Setting Up 200 New EV Charging Stations Across The City Soon
- 2 days ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Arrive In Two Variants
- Sports IPL 2020: KXIP vs DC: Chris Gayle breaks into impromptu dance
- Movies Bigg Boss 6 Fame Sapna Bhavnani Plans To File Complaint Against Man Who Sexually Abused Her
- News Will take BJP, its allies to court over 'unconstitutional' farm laws: Amarinder Singh
- Lifestyle ICW 2020: Amit Aggarwal’s Latest Collection Is About Soothing Underwater Hues
- Finance Loan Against Mutual Funds: Should You Avail It?
- Technology Logitech MX Master 3 Review: The Only Wireless Mouse Your Will Ever Need
- Education ICSI Quiz Competition 2020 For Online Current Affairs And General Knowledge
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Skoda Auto India has launched its new Rapid sedan with an automatic transmission unit. The new (2020) Skoda Rapid sedan was initially introduced earlier this year with an updated 1.0-litre TSI engine, mated to a manual gearbox. The Czech brand has now introduced the sedan with an automatic transmission, offered with a starting price of Rs 9.49 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
Skoda will offer the automatic transmission on five variants of the Rapid Sedan: Rider Plus, Ambition, Onyx, Style & Monte Carlo. Prices will range from Rs 9.49 lakh for the Rapid Rider Plus AT and will go up all the way to Rs 13.29 lakh for the Monte Carlo AT variant. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
|Rider Plus AT||₹9,49,000|
|Monte Carlo AT||₹13,29,000|
Bookings for the 2020 Skoda Rapid TSI automatic model officially started in late-August. The sedan can be booked either online or through any of the company dealerships across India for an amount of Rs 25,000. Skoda also announced that customers who pre-book the Rapid automatic sedan will get priority on deliveries, commencing from the 18th of September.
The new Skoda Rapid TSI automatic model will continue to be powered by the same 999cc three-cylinder turbo-petrol engine. It produces 108bhp at 5500rpm and 175Nm of peak torque at 1750 - 4000rpm. The BS6-compliant engine will now come mated to a six-speed torque-converter unit. Skoda claims that the new Rapid with the automatic gearbox, returns an ARAI-certified fuel efficiency of 16.24km/l.
The torque-converter unit is a replacement to the old DSG automatic gearbox, which was available with the BS4-compliant 1.2-litre petrol engine, previously offered on the sedan. The new 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine with the 6-speed torque converter automatic is offered on the Volkswagen Vento and the Polo GT TSI models as well.
Apart from the addition of the automatic gearbox, no other changes have been made to the sedan. The Skoda Rapid continues to carry forward all the features and equipment. The Rapid sedan received the 2020 BS6 update recently in the Indian market and was introduced alongside the Karoq and Superb facelift.
Thoughts On The Skoda Rapid Automatic Launch In India
The Skoda Rapid is an extremely popular offering in the Indian executive sedan segment. The addition of the automatic transmission will further boost interest for the sedan in the segment, allowing it to take on rivals such as the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, new Honda City, Hyundai Verna and the Volkswagen Vento.