- 2 hrs ago KTM RC 125, RC 200 & RC 390 Launched In New Colours: Prices & Other Details
- 3 hrs ago Tata Nexon To Get New Grille Design Soon: Details Leaked Ahead Of Launch
- 4 hrs ago 2020 Mahindra Thar Bookings & Launch Timeline Revealed: Teaser Video
- 1 day ago 2021 Mahindra XUV500 SUV Spotted Testing Revealing Few Features: Spy Pics & Details
- Technology Vodafone-Idea Upgrading 3G Users To 4G Network To Bring Faster Internet Speed
- News NIA court sentences to life ISIS terrorist in Omar Al-Hindi case
- Movies Dino Morea On Nepotism In Film Industry: You Have To Slog Whether You Are An Insider Or Outsider
- Finance ITC Trades Higher Even As Maharashtra Bans Sale Of Loose Cigarettes, Beedis
- Sports Ashok Dinda to play for Goa in upcoming domestic season
- Lifestyle Tamannaah Bhatia’s Yellow Saree And Minimal Jewellery Avatar Is The Festive Look Inspiration We Need
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In October 2020
- Education Supreme Court Decision On UPSC Civil Services Exam 2020, Check Latest News
The Skoda Kodiaq BS6 SUV launch in the Indian market has been delayed. The BS6 SUV will come equipped with a TSI engine, that is currently powering other models in the brand's line-up. The Kodiaq TSI was showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo, ahead of its launch.
According to the latest reports, the Czech-based automaker is expected to launch the petrol-powered Kodiaq only by next year. Zac Hollis, Skoda Auto India's Director of Sales and Marketing, confirmed the delayed launch via a tweet.
The SUV was expected to arrive in the market sometime by the end of this year. However, due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic and the subsequent lockdowns has resulted in a major delay in supply chain management. We expect this could be one among the major factor affecting the launch timelines.
Speaking about the upcoming SUV, the Kodiaq TSI remains largely similar in terms of design and features to the BS4 model. However, the biggest change will be made under the bonnet as it will feature an all-new powertrain.
The Kodiaq BS6 SUV will be powered by the 2.0-litre TSI turbo-petrol engine mated to a seven-speed gearbox. The same setup currently powers the Volkswagen Tiguan AllSpace that was launched earlier in the market.
The engine produces a maximum of 188bhp at 4200rpm and a peak torque of 320Nm at 1500rpm. The power is sent to all wheels via a four-wheel-drive system. In comparison, the now discontinued 2.0-litre TDI diesel engine produced 148bhp and 340Nm of torque — 30bhp less and 20Nm of torque more than the new engine.
Like most manufacturers, Skoda has decided to sell its vehicles as petrol-only models after the BS6 emissions updated. However, the company's officials have confirmed that there could a possibility of bringing the diesel engines back if the demand increases.
The upcoming Skoda Kodiaq will retain its elegant design and the luxury features from the BS4 model. This includes ambient lighting, large touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, keyless entry, Ventilated seats, panoramic sunroof. It also features hill-hold and descent control, EDS, hands-free parking, nine airbags and other standard safety features.
The Skoda Kodiaq rivals the Volkswagen Tiguan AllSpace, the Ford Endeavour, the Toyota Fortuner, the Mahindra Alturas G4 and the upcoming MG Gloster; among others in the Indian market. The BS6 Kodiaq is expected to be priced similar to its BS4 counterpart.
Thoughts About The Skoda Kodiaq TSI India Launch Delayed
The ongoing Covid-19 pandemic has resulted in major delays with the manufacturing process mainly due to the disruption caused in the supply chain. However, automakers are reaching their production normalcy and the timelines are expected to get back on track soon.