- 11 min ago TVS Motor Extends Warranty And Free Service Period A Second Time: Details
- 40 min ago Ducati Multistrada 950 Gets A White Colour Scheme: India Launch Soon
- 1 hr ago Mercedes-Benz S-Class 2021 Models To Feature 12.8-Inch Touchscreen Infotainment System: Details
- 3 hrs ago Volkswagen & Skoda Auto Provides Mobile Clinic Van Providing Medical Services To Villages
- Movies Producer-Actor Rockline Venkatesh Admitted To Bengaluru Hospital
- Technology Airtel Expands Rs. 99, Rs. 129, And Rs. 199 Prepaid Plans To More Cities
- News PM Modi inaugurates Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Power Project in Madhya Pradesh via video conference
- Sports Michael Holding reveals the racism his parents faced
- Finance Mutual Fund Interest Is Slowing And It’s Worrisome
- Lifestyle Shraddha Kapoor’s Statement Dresses Are Perfect For OOTD-worthy Moments
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In July 2020
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Skoda Auto has launched the all-new Karoq SUV in the Indian market. The new Skoda Karoq is an all-new SUV offering from the Czech brand in the country and is offered with a price tag of Rs 24.99 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The all-new Skoda Karoq is offered in a single trim. The five-seater model is positioned below the brand's flagship Kodiaq and will be positioned in the mid-size SUV segment as a premium offering. The Skoda Karoq will rival the likes of the Jeep Compass, Volkswagen T-Roc, Kia Seltos and the MG Hector.
To start off, the new Skoda Karoq will be powered by the Volkswagen Group's 1.5-litre TSI petrol engine. It produces 150bhp and 250Nm of peak torque and comes mated to a seven-speed DSG automatic transmission unit, sending power to the front wheels. Skoda claims that the Karoq can sprint from 0 - 100km/h in 9 seconds and reach a top speed of 202km/h; all this while returning WLTP-rated fuel efficiency of just under 14.5km/l.
The Skoda Karoq was showcased in India for the first time at the 2020 Auto Expo, held back in February. The SUV is part of the group's MQB platform, which also underpins the likes of the Volkswagen T-Roc and many other future SUV models from Skoda in the future as well.
In terms of design, the Skoda Karoq carries forward the characteristic design lines and styling of the brand. The LED headlamps, C-shaped LED taillights, LED fog lamps with cornering lights, sunroof and the signature butterfly grille, are characteristic of a Skoda.
Interiors of the SUV comes with a host of features and equipment. Skoda claims that the Karoq has the segment-best width, adding to the spaciousness of the cabin.
Being available in a single trim, the Karoq comes loaded with features, this includes a large touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, dual-zone climate control, virtual cockpit, dual-tone cabin with leather upholstery, wireless charging, soft-touch material all around, plenty of cubby spaces and storage areas, cooled front seats and electrically-adjustable front seats with memory function; among others.
The new Skoda Karoq also features a bunch of safety features as well. This includes airbags, ABS, EBD, brake assist, rear view parking camera, front parking sensors, hill-start assist, ESC and more.
The all-new Skoda Karoq will be available in six colour options: Candy White, Magic Black, Magnetic Brown, Lava Blue, Brilliant Silver and Quartz Grey.
Thoughts On The All-New Skoda Karoq SUV Launched In India
The Skoda Karoq is a five-seater SUV offering from the brand in the Indian market, which essentially makes it a replacement to the Yeti, sold quite sometime back in the country. Skoda will be hoping to attract a lot of customers towards the Karoq, being positioned in a highly competitive segment of the Indian market.