- 8 hrs ago Kevin Raahul Enters Asia Book Of Records After Identifying 150 Car Logos In One Minute
- 10 hrs ago New (2020) Mahindra Thar Unveiled: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its India Launch
- 1 day ago Kia Sonet Variants, Dimensions & Engine Specs Leaked Ahead Of Launch: Here Are All Details
- 1 day ago Detel Easy Electric Moped Launched In India: Priced At Rs 19,999
- Sports MS Dhoni retires: The world has seen achievements, I’ve seen the person: Kohli pens emotional farewell
- Movies Hina Khan Opens Up About Saying Yes To Naagin 5 And The Criticism Meted Out To The Series
- News Pawar's censure of Parth is `family matter': Fadnavis
- Lifestyle What Are The Reasons Behind Your Frequent Headaches?
- Finance 9 Simple Measures To Fix Error In Your Income Tax Return
- Travel Indians Visiting Nepal Will Now Have To Show Their ID cards
- Technology NVIDIA GeForce Special Event Announced; What To Expect?
- Education Independence Day Q And A: Test Your Knowledge On The Indian Independence Struggle
Skoda Auto has launched the all-new Karoq SUV in the Indian market. The new Skoda Karoq is an all-new SUV offering from the Czech brand in the country and is offered with a price tag of Rs 24.99 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The all-new Skoda Karoq is offered in a single trim. The five-seater model is positioned below the brand's flagship Kodiaq and will be positioned in the mid-size SUV segment as a premium offering. The Skoda Karoq will rival the likes of the Jeep Compass, Volkswagen T-Roc, Kia Seltos and the MG Hector.
To start off, the new Skoda Karoq will be powered by the Volkswagen Group's 1.5-litre TSI petrol engine. It produces 150bhp and 250Nm of peak torque and comes mated to a seven-speed DSG automatic transmission unit, sending power to the front wheels. Skoda claims that the Karoq can sprint from 0 - 100km/h in 9 seconds and reach a top speed of 202km/h; all this while returning WLTP-rated fuel efficiency of just under 14.5km/l.
The Skoda Karoq was showcased in India for the first time at the 2020 Auto Expo, held back in February. The SUV is part of the group's MQB platform, which also underpins the likes of the Volkswagen T-Roc and many other future SUV models from Skoda in the future as well.
In terms of design, the Skoda Karoq carries forward the characteristic design lines and styling of the brand. The LED headlamps, C-shaped LED taillights, LED fog lamps with cornering lights, sunroof and the signature butterfly grille, are characteristic of a Skoda.
Interiors of the SUV comes with a host of features and equipment. Skoda claims that the Karoq has the segment-best width, adding to the spaciousness of the cabin.
Being available in a single trim, the Karoq comes loaded with features, this includes a large touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, dual-zone climate control, virtual cockpit, dual-tone cabin with leather upholstery, wireless charging, soft-touch material all around, plenty of cubby spaces and storage areas, cooled front seats and electrically-adjustable front seats with memory function; among others.
The new Skoda Karoq also features a bunch of safety features as well. This includes airbags, ABS, EBD, brake assist, rear view parking camera, front parking sensors, hill-start assist, ESC and more.
The all-new Skoda Karoq will be available in six colour options: Candy White, Magic Black, Magnetic Brown, Lava Blue, Brilliant Silver and Quartz Grey.
Thoughts On The All-New Skoda Karoq SUV Launched In India
The Skoda Karoq is a five-seater SUV offering from the brand in the Indian market, which essentially makes it a replacement to the Yeti, sold quite sometime back in the country. Skoda will be hoping to attract a lot of customers towards the Karoq, being positioned in a highly competitive segment of the Indian market.