- 58 min ago Hero Xpulse 200 BS6 Arrives At Dealerships Ahead Of Launch: Here Are All Details
- 2 hrs ago Jawa Motorcycles Said To Be Working On Electric Bikes For India: Unveil Expected Only By 2021
- 17 hrs ago New-Generation Kia Carnival Interiors Revealed Officially: Expected To Arrive In India By 2022
- 18 hrs ago New Nissan Compact-SUV World Premiere Date Revealed: Upcoming B-SUV Concept To Rival Hyundai Venue
- Movies Sanjana Sanghi On One Month Of Sushant's Death: Whoever Said Time Heals All Wounds Was Lying
- Finance Barbeque Nation Gets Approval From SEBI To Issue IPO
- Technology Oppo Reno 4 Pro Global Variant Gets NCC Certification; New Design Confirmed
- Lifestyle What Are The Best Exercises To Sleep Better?
- News CBSE 10th results 2020 to be declared tomorrow
- Sports Covid 19 crisis: BCCI to reschedule Australia series and England series at home?
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
The Skoda Karoq has been spotted on streets of India ahead of its launch. The Karoq is an upcoming mid-size from the brand, which is slated to launch in India on May 26, 2020. Ahead of its launch, the company has already started to accept bookings for a token amount of Rs 50,000.
Images from TeamBHP reveal a white colour SUV plying on Indian roads. This could be a test drive vehicle or a display model that is reaching a dealership. It is a clear indication that Skoda is gearing up for the upcoming launch of the all-new SUV in India.
The Skoda Karoq SUV was expected to be launched in India during April. However, the launch was delayed due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic and the resulting nation-wide lockdown announced in the country.
Ahead of its launch in the country, the company had showcased the upcoming SUV at the 2020 Auto Expo. Instantly, the SUV was well received by people, and has created a lot of buzz ever since.
The Karoq is built on the brand's MQB-A0 platform that is shared between Skoda and Volkswagen under the ‘India 2.0' project. As a result, the recently launched Volkswagen T-Roc also uses the same platform as the Karoq.
The Skoda Karoq will feature all-LED headlamps, taillamps and turn indicators, a panoramic sunroof, 18-inch alloy wheels and roof-rails; among others. On the inside, the SUV will feature the company's virtual cockpit design, electrically adjustable driver's seat, all leather upholstery, and ambient cabin lighting.
It will also feature an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system with SmartLink connectivity that supports Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, dual-zone climate control, and more. The safety equipment on the Karoq includes the ‘ParkTronic' parking assist system, a (TPMS) Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, nine-airbags, ABS with EBD, ESC and a lot more.
The Karoq will be powered by a 1.5-litre, four-cylinder TSI petrol engine producing 148bhp and a peak torque of 250Nm. The engine comes mated to a seven-speed DSG dual-clutch transmission.
The upcoming Skoda Karoq SUV will be offered with a single variant and in six different colours. The colour options include Magic Black, Lava Blue, Brilliant Silver, Candy White, Magnetic Brown and Quartz Grey.
Once launched, the Karoq will rival the Jeep Compass, and the Hyundai Tucson; among others in the Indian market. The Skoda Karoq is brought to Indian shores as a (CBU) Completely Built Unit. As a result, we expect it to be priced slightly higher than its rivals.
Thoughts About The Skoda Karoq Spotted On Indian Roads Ahead Of Launch
Skoda is gearing up to launch a series of new vehicles in the Indian market, starting with the Karoq SUV. The Skoda Karoq certainly looks apart from its rivals because of its bold and aggressive design.