- 19 min ago Best-Selling MPV In India For July 2020: Maruti Ertiga & XL6 Register Over 10,000 Units Of Sales
- 40 min ago Nissan Reveals Interior Details Of The Magnite Concept Compact SUV: Details & Specifications
- 1 hr ago Mahindra Marazzo BS6 Model Dispatch Could Have Begun In India Ahead Of Launch
- 2 hrs ago Tata Harrier Sales Increases In July 2020: Registers 33 Percent Increase Last Month
- Sports England vs Pakistan 1st Test: Dream11 Team Prediction, Playing XI Updates & Fantasy Cricket Tips
- Movies Anupam Kher Wants Truth To Come Out In Sushant Singh Rajput’s Case: It’s Not About Taking Sides
- Lifestyle 6 Different Ways To Style Your Bangs
- News Mandir wahin banega: The BJP’s rise from 2 to 303
- Technology Samsung Galaxy M51 With 25W Fast-Charging Likely To Debut Next Month
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In August 2020
- Finance India's Unemployment Rate Improves In July To Pre-COVID Levels
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
The Czech-based automaker, Skoda, launched the Karoq SUV in the Indian market back in May 2020. The SUV was launched in a digital event owning to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic in the country. The Karoq retails at Rs 24.99 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
According to the latest reports from Gaadiwaadi, the company managed to sell 151 units of the Karoq in the Indian market in the month of June. Skoda has sold a total of 790 vehicles in June, and the SUV's sales constitute to 19 per cent of the brand's overall sales during the previous month.
The company had also announced during the launch of the Karoq that they aim to sell a minimum of 1000 units during the current fiscal year. With 151 units sold, the company has sold more than 15 per cent of the target just in the previous month.
The Karoq arrives into Indian shores as a (CBU) Completely Built-Up units. Skoda has taken advantage of the new import rules in the country, which now dictates that companies can import 2,500 vehicles via the CKD and CBU channels per year, without the need for homologation. However, all imported vehicles have to meet International Automotive Standards.
It results in lesser import taxes and duties, that helps brands to price its products competitively. The company also announced that will plan to locally assemble the Karoq in the country. It will further reduce the price by a substantial margin due to the lesser import tax attracted for (CKD) Completely Knock Down units.
Speaking about the Skoda Karoq, the company sells the SUV in a single trim option and is available in six different colour schemes to choose from: Candy White, Magic Black, Magnetic Brown, Lava Blue, Brilliant Silver and Quartz Grey.
It is built on the brand's MQB platform that also underpins many other models including the Octavia, the Kodiaq and the Karoq's primary rival the Volkswagen T-Roc. Skoda has designed the SUV with a bold and muscular stance and stands apart from its rivals in the segment.
The Karoq comes powered by a 1.5-litre, four-cylinder TSI petrol engine producing 150bhp and a peak torque of 250Nm. The engine comes mated to a seven-speed DSG dual-clutch transmission. Skoda claims that the SUV can accelerate from a standstill to 100kmph in 9 seconds and continue to reach a top speed of 202kmph.
The SUV comes packed with a host of features inside and out. This includes all-LED headlamps, LED taillamps, a panoramic sunroof, and 18-inch alloy wheels. It also features the company's virtual cockpit design, electrically adjustable driver's seat, all leather upholstery, and ambient lighting. It will also feature an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system with SmartLink connectivity, and dual-zone climate control; among others.
Thoughts About The Skoda Karoq Sales Registering 151 Units In June 2020
The Skoda Karoq is placed in a premium mid-size SUV segment in the Indian market. Apart from the Volkswagen T-Roc, the Karoq rivals the Jeep Compass, the Kia Seltos and the Hyundai Creta; among others in the India market. Despite the single powertrain option, the SUV has managed to post some numbers for the brand in the previous month.