- 8 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Four-Wheeler Segment From Previous Week
- 10 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Two-Wheeler Space From Previous Week
- 24 hrs ago Ather Energy To Enter Delhi Market Soon: The 450X To Be Priced Rs 15,000 Lower
- 1 day ago Independence Day: India’s Five Most Iconic Cars Which Changed The Landscape Of The Auto Industry
- Sports Former India and Mohun Bagan player Manitombi Singh dies at 39, AIFF condoles his untimely demise
- Movies Rhea Chakraborty Summoned Again By ED On Monday After Questioning Her Brother For 18 Hours
- Finance 6 Easy Steps to Check Your CIBIL Score for Free
- News Atmanirbhar: The complete import embargo list of Defence Ministry
- Technology Xiaomi Redmi K30 Ultra, Mi 10 Ultra Anniversary Edition Leaks Online; Launch Set For August 11
- Lifestyle Samantha Akkineni Opts For A Gorgeous Blue Saree For Rana Daggubati’s Wedding
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Odisha In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Skoda Auto introduced the new Kamiq at the 2019 Geneva International Motor Show. The company had confirmed around the end of 2019, that they will bring in the Kamiq SUV to the Indian market sometime in 2020. The new Skoda Kamiq SUV will be positioned in the mid-size SUV segment of the Indian market.
The Skoda Kamiq has been spotted testing in the country once again. The spy pics from Motoroids, it is seen that the SUV is being tested without any camouflage, revealing the design of the rear profile. The Skoda Kamiq shares its MQB A0 platform with the Volkswagen T-ROC and is likely to be brought to India via the CBU route. However, it is expected that the Kamiq will remain identical to its European counterpart as it will a CBU.
As seen from the images, the SUV gets the sharp-looking L-shaped LED tail lights, with the ‘S K O D A' badging at the centre of the boot-lid. The rear profile also showcases the black-cladding on the rear bumper, along with a roof-mounted spoiler and roof rails. The European-spec dimensions of the Skoda Kamiq measure 4241mm in length, 1,793mm in width and 1,531mm in height. The SUV also comes with a comparatively long wheelbase of 2,651mm.
At the front, the SUV features a split-LED headlamp design, a big grille that is surrounded by a strip of chrome, adding to the premium look. The front bumper houses large air intakes at the centre, while it also features scuff plates at the bottom as well. Mechanically, the international-spec Skoda Kamiq is offered with a range of three engine options. This includes a 1.0-litre TSI in two state-of-tunes, a 1.5-litre TSI and a 1.6-litre diesel unit. The 1.0-litre TSI pumps out 94bhp and 175Nm of torque, or 113bhp and 200Nm of torque.
On the other hand, the 1.5-litre TSI engine produces 148bhp of power and 250Nm of peak torque. The 1.6-litre oil burner churns out 113bhp of power and 250Nm of torque. However, we are likely to receive just the 1.5-litre TSI engine, which is already available on the Skoda Karoq model. The engine will also come standard with a seven-speed DSG automatic transmission.
Thoughts About The Skoda Kamiq
The Skoda Kamiq SUV will be positioned below the recently introduced Karoq model in the same mid-size SUV segment. However, once launched, the Skoda Kamiq will go up against the likes of the new Hyundai Creta and the Kia Seltos.