- 1 hr ago Hyundai Venue To Be Offered With iMT Clutchless Manual Transmission In India
- 1 hr ago Mahindra Mojo BS6 Spotted Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 2 hrs ago All-New 2020 Fifth-Generation Honda City To Launch On July 15 In India
- 3 hrs ago Renault Kiger Snapped Testing Once Again Before Its India Launch
- Movies Ajay Bhupathi Files Cyber Crime Case Against Fraudster For Using His Name To Dupe Aspiring Actresses
- News Let us code for Aatmanirbhar Bharat, PM Modi says in push for home grown apps
- Sports Aavishkar Salvi named head coach of Puducherry cricket team
- Finance IT Dept Makes Changes To Challan For Non-Resident E-Commerce Companies
- Technology iQOO Z1x 5G Set To Debut On July 9: Another Mid-Range Gaming Handset?
- Lifestyle 7 Interesting Things That May Happen On The Next Day Of Your Marriage
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
Skoda Auto has released the first set of teaser images of its electric SUV, the Enyaq iV. The new Skoda Enyaq will be the brand's first full-electric SUV and will be based on Volkswagen's MEB electric vehicle platform.
Skoda has released the first set of images, showcasing the camouflaged prototype of its upcoming electric SUV. The Skoda Enyaq being part of the Volkswagen Group, will share its underpinnings with the German brand's ID.4 electric model.
In terms of dimensions, the Skoda Enyaq iV measures 4,648mm in length, 1,877mm in width and 1,618mm in height. The electric SUV has a rather large wheelbase of 2,765mm and is said to offer a boot-space of 585-litres with the rear seats positioned upright.
However, what is more interesting is the battery sizes on offer with the Skoda Enyaq. The Czech carmaker is said to be offering a choice of three different battery sizes on its electric SUV. The base model is said to feature a 55kWh unit, offering 146bhp and 340km of driving range.
The mid-spec model will come with a slightly larger 62kWh pack, producing 177bhp, with a range offering of 390km. The electric motor for both these variants will be positioned at the back, powering its rear wheels.
The top-spec model will feature an 82kWh battery pack with 500km of driving range and producing 201bhp from its electric motor. This battery pack will come mated either to a single electric motor powering the rear wheels or dual electric motors, sending power to all four wheels.
The dual-motor configuration on the Skoda Enyaq will further be offered in two state-of-tune; producing either 261bhp or 302bhp. Both units though will come with a driving range of 460km on a single charge.
All three battery options on the Skoda Enyaq will receive a 50kW charger as standard. This is capable of charging the 82kWh battery pack from 0 to 100% in just 1.5 hours. There will also be a 125kW charger, which will charge the batteries from 10 to 80% in just 40 minutes.
Thoughts About The Upcoming Skoda Enyaq Electric SUV
The Skoda Enyaq electric SUV once launched globally will be the first fully-electric model from the brand and the second from the Volkswagen Group. Skoda is expected to start production of the Enyaq by end-2020 and there are no plans of bringing it to the Indian market.