- 1 day ago Kawasaki Launches The Ninja ZX-25R In Indonesia: Details & Specifications
- 1 day ago Volkswagen Polo & Vento TSI Limited-Edition Models Removed From The Company Website
- 1 day ago KTM RC 200 Modified With Parts From Autologue Design: Wrapped By Zed One
- 1 day ago Tata Motors Launches Car Safety Accessories: Air Purifiers, Separation Films And More
- Movies Independence Day 2020: 6 Web Series That Will Rekindle Your Passion For India
- Sports England vs West Indies, 1st Test: Holder lauds Gabriel and Blackwood after Windies take series lead
- News Rajasthan crisis: 75 MLAs attended CM Gehlot's meeting
- Finance RIL's New Deal: Qualcomm To Invest Rs 730 Crore In Jio Platforms
- Technology Vivo X50, X50 Pro India Launch Confirmed On July 16: What To Expect
- Lifestyle Radhe Shyam Actress Pooja Hegde Sure Knows How To Make A Yellow Splash With Her Outfits
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In July 2020
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
The MG Hector Plus was first showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo and was initially expected to launch in India in April. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, not only this but a lot of launches were delayed. However, MG is ready to introduce its third model, the Hector Plus in the Indian market by next month. The new MG Hector Plus once launched in India, will be offered in both six and seven-seater configurations.
According to a latest report by Carwale, the six-seater MG Hector Plus will be available in three variants - Super, Smart and Sharp. However, the seven-seat version is likely to be offered only in the Style variant. of production of its upcoming Hector Plus SUV. The company has already commenced the production of the new MG Hector Plus at its Halol facility in Gujarat.
The Hector Plus is essentially a slightly extended version of the current Hector model, its five-seater sibling. The Hector Plus will come with a number of changes, to both its interior and exterior, to help differentiate between the two models.
On the outside, the Hector Plus gets an updated grille, headlamp, taillights, boot-lid and a few other cosmetic changes as well. The most important change is in the cabin, with the Hector Plus featuring a third-row of seating. The second-row will come with either bench seats or individual captain seats, depending on the variant.
The company will load the new Hector Plus with a host of features such as a large touchscreen infotainment system, with the brand's latest iSmart connected technology, panoramic sunroof, automatic climate control, cruise control and a host of other features as well.
Mechanically, the Hector plus will be powered by the engine that powers the five-seater sibling, along with the same power figures as well. The first unit is a 1.5-litre turbocharged petrol unit producing 140bhp of power and 250Nm of peak torque. On the other hand, the second unit is a 2.0-litre diesel, churning out 173bhp of power and 350Nm of peak torque. Both engines will be mated to a standard six-speed manual with the petrol receiving the optional seven-speed DCT transmission as well.
Thoughts About The Upcoming MG Hector Plus
The MG Hector gained a lot of attention when it launched in India last year, so we are expecting the same kind of response for the Hector Plus as well. Once launched in India, the MG Hector Plus will go up against the likes of the Toyota Innova Crysta, along with other seven-seater SUV models such as the Tata Gravitas and the Ford Endeavour.