- 7 hrs ago Mahindra Thar SUVs Spotted At Dealerships Without Infotainment System: Here Are The Details
- 9 hrs ago Hyundai N-Line Coming To India: New i20 N-Line Hatchback Expected To Go On Sale In Mid-2021
- 11 hrs ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 12 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- News Give names of perpetrators: Delhi Police issues notice to farmer leader Darshan Pal
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 January 27 Highlights: Nikki Fights Vikas And Devoleena; Arshi Talks To Rahul About Vikas
- Finance Analysts Recommend Avoiding Yes Bank; See Stock Falling Further
- Sports ISL 2020-21: Kerala Blasters FC vs Jamshedpur FC: Unlucky Kerala shares spoils with Jamshedpur
- Education RRB NTPC Admit Card 2021 Phase-3, Check Region-wise Links
- Lifestyle Are Papayas A Healthy Choice For People With Diabetes?
- Travel February 2021: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
- Technology Realme Narzo 30A Gets NBTC, BIS Certifications; Hints India Launch As Well
The MG Hector Plus was first showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo and was initially expected to launch in India in April. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, not only this but a lot of launches were delayed. However, MG is ready to introduce its third model, the Hector Plus in the Indian market by next month. The new MG Hector Plus once launched in India, will be offered in both six and seven-seater configurations.
According to a latest report by Carwale, the six-seater MG Hector Plus will be available in three variants - Super, Smart and Sharp. However, the seven-seat version is likely to be offered only in the Style variant. of production of its upcoming Hector Plus SUV. The company has already commenced the production of the new MG Hector Plus at its Halol facility in Gujarat.
The Hector Plus is essentially a slightly extended version of the current Hector model, its five-seater sibling. The Hector Plus will come with a number of changes, to both its interior and exterior, to help differentiate between the two models.
On the outside, the Hector Plus gets an updated grille, headlamp, taillights, boot-lid and a few other cosmetic changes as well. The most important change is in the cabin, with the Hector Plus featuring a third-row of seating. The second-row will come with either bench seats or individual captain seats, depending on the variant.
The company will load the new Hector Plus with a host of features such as a large touchscreen infotainment system, with the brand's latest iSmart connected technology, panoramic sunroof, automatic climate control, cruise control and a host of other features as well.
Mechanically, the Hector plus will be powered by the engine that powers the five-seater sibling, along with the same power figures as well. The first unit is a 1.5-litre turbocharged petrol unit producing 140bhp of power and 250Nm of peak torque. On the other hand, the second unit is a 2.0-litre diesel, churning out 173bhp of power and 350Nm of peak torque. Both engines will be mated to a standard six-speed manual with the petrol receiving the optional seven-speed DCT transmission as well.
Thoughts About The Upcoming MG Hector Plus
The MG Hector gained a lot of attention when it launched in India last year, so we are expecting the same kind of response for the Hector Plus as well. Once launched in India, the MG Hector Plus will go up against the likes of the Toyota Innova Crysta, along with other seven-seater SUV models such as the Tata Gravitas and the Ford Endeavour.