- 5 hrs ago Harley-Davidson Street 750 Prices Reduced: Becomes More Affordable
- 6 hrs ago New Ford Freestyle 'Flair' Variant Spied At Dealership Yard: Launch Expected Soon
- 6 hrs ago Renault Car Discounts Around Independence Day: Here Are All The Benefits & Offers Available
- 7 hrs ago Ford Increases The Price Of The BS6 Endeavour For The Indian Market: Details & Specifications
- Movies Naseeruddin Shah Starrer Mee Raqsam Trailer Brings To Fore The Father-Daughter Emotional Bond
- Sports England Vs Pakistan, 1st Test, Day 3, Highlights: Ben Stokes strikes late to give hosts fresh hopes
- News In Pics: Rescue operations at Air India Express crash site end; 17 dead
- Technology Netflix User Interface Now Available In Hindi: Here's How To Avail
- Lifestyle Urvashi Rautela Or Janhvi Kapoor, Who Looked Stunning In Their Purple Sequin Saree?
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Odisha In August 2020
- Finance Delhi Govt Announces Electric Vehicle Policy With Upto Rs 1.5 Lakh Incentive
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Renault India has expanded the portfolio of the Kwid in the Indian market with the addition of the RXL 1.0-litre BS6 variant to their lineup. The Renault Kwid RXL variant now comes powered with the BS6-compliant 1.0-litre engine and is offered with a starting price of Rs 4.16 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The 1.0-litre engine on the Renault Kwid RXL variant is offered with both manual and automatic transmission units. The Renault Kwid RXL 1.0-litre with the AMT gearbox is priced slightly higher at Rs 4.48 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The new Renault Kwid RXL variant now comes powered by the 999cc three-cylinder petrol engine. It produces 67bhp at 5500rpm and 91Nm of torque at 4,250rpm. As mentioned before, the engine comes mated to either a five-speed manual or an AMT automatic transmission. The AMT version of the Renault Kwid 1.0-litre RXL is now the most affordable BS6-compliant two-pedal offering in the Indian market.
Renault also announced that the sales of the Kwid hatchback in the Indian market have crossed over 3.5 lakh units, since its launch. The company has also registered over 45,000 units of exports of the Kwid to other international markets as well.
Venkatram Mamillapalle, Country CEO & Managing Director, Renault India Operations said,
"The global launch of Renault Kwid was in India and showcased the important role of this country in Groupe Renault's growth ambitions. Kwid has been an important contributor to our progress in India."
"With more than 3.5 Lakh Kwid families, we are overwhelmed and grateful for the faith that our customers have bestowed in brand Renault. Kwid, which was a breakthrough product in terms of design, innovation and modernity at the time of launch, continues to be a game-changer for us."
The Renault Kwid in India is offered in a range of six variants: Std, RXE, RXL, RXT, RXT(O) and Climber (O). The STD, RXE and RXL come powered by a smaller 800cc three-cylinder unit. It produces 53bhp and 72Nm of peak torque and comes mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox. The mid-spec RXL and the RXT variants among those offered with both engine options.
Thoughts On The Renault Kwid RXL 1.0-Litre Variant Launch
The Renault Kwid has been one of the brand's best-selling models in the Indian market. The entry-level offering is an extremely attractive offering in its segment, rivalling the likes of the Maruti Suzuki S-Presso. The addition of the larger engine on the mid-spec variant, will further help attract more customers towards the Renault Kwid.