- 6 hrs ago Mahindra Thar SUVs Spotted At Dealerships Without Infotainment System: Here Are The Details
- 8 hrs ago Hyundai N-Line Coming To India: New i20 N-Line Hatchback Expected To Go On Sale In Mid-2021
- 9 hrs ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 11 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- News Give names of perpetrators: Delhi Police issues notice to farmer leader Darshan Pal
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 January 27 Highlights: Nikki Fights Vikas And Devoleena; Arshi Talks To Rahul About Vikas
- Finance Analysts Recommend Avoiding Yes Bank; See Stock Falling Further
- Sports ISL 2020-21: Kerala Blasters FC vs Jamshedpur FC: Unlucky Kerala shares spoils with Jamshedpur
- Education RRB NTPC Admit Card 2021 Phase-3, Check Region-wise Links
- Lifestyle Are Papayas A Healthy Choice For People With Diabetes?
- Travel February 2021: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
- Technology Realme Narzo 30A Gets NBTC, BIS Certifications; Hints India Launch As Well
Renault has released yet another teaser of its upcoming SUV, codenamed the HBC. Alongside the new teaser, Renault has also confirmed that the much-awaited compact-SUV will be unveiled on the 18th of November.
The Renault HBC concept is the precursor to the brand's Kiger compact-SUV. We also expect Renault to confirm the 'Kiger' nameplate for its upcoming B-SUV in the Indian market. The new Renault Kiger is expected to go on sale sometime in mid-2021.
The SUV will be positioned in India's competitive sub-4 metre compact-SUV segment, rivalling the likes of the Kia Sonet, Hyundai Venue and its cousin, the Nissan Magnite.
The new Renault Kiger SUV will be part of the brand's CMF-A+ platform, which also underpins the popular Triber MPV from the French brand. With the Renault-Nissan alliance, we can also expect the upcoming Kiger SUV to carry over many components from the Magnite as well.
This includes the engine options. The Renault Kiger once introduced in the market could carry forward the 1.0-litre NA petrol and the 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine options, both of which ae mated to a five-speed manual gearbox. The 1.0-litre turbo-petrol with the higher-spec trims will also receive the optional AMT transmission as well.
The Renault Kiger has been spotted testing in India on multiple occasions. The compact-SUV was first scheduled to go on sale earlier this year, however, the plans were disrupted amidst the COVID-19 pandemic and the subsequent lockdown in the country.
Renault had also previously released a small teaser video of the upcoming car. The teaser video also did not manage to give away any details, apart from a small glimpse of the concept's LED headlamp unit and the C-shaped tail lights. The teaser video did also showcase the roof-mounted spoiler with the stop lamp, indicating a sporty design and styling for the SUV.
Thoughts On The New Renault Kiger Teaser Ahead Of Unveil
The Renault Kiger is all set to be unveiled in its concept form on the 18th of November. Similar to its cousin, the Kiger will be an important product for Renault in India, who will be hoping it receives the same level of success as its Triber MPV.