- 2 hrs ago Harley-Davidson & Hero MotoCorp Announce Partnership For Indian Market: Here Are The Details
- 2 hrs ago Volkswagen Connected Car Technology Launched In India: Here Are All Details
- 3 hrs ago Skoda Rapid CNG Spotted Testing For First Time Ahead Of Launch In India: Pics & Details
- 4 hrs ago New Hyundai i20 India Launch Date Announced: Bookings Now Open Across India For Rs 21,000
- Lifestyle Halloween And COVID-19: Tips To Celebrate Halloween In A Healthy Way
- Finance Bharti Airtel's Q2 Results Could Change The Dull Sentiment On The Stock
- News PM Modi slams 'dynastic corruption' after Sonia Gandhi's comment on democracy
- Sports IPL 2020: Three held for cricket betting in Bengaluru
- Movies KBC 12: Amitabh Bachchan Surprised By Contestant’s Joke On What He Will Use The Prize Money For
- Technology Reliance Jio Launches JioMart Gameathon; How To Register
- Education AP Grama Sachivalayam Result 2020 Declared, Check Result Link And Merit List
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In November
Renault is working on introducing a new model in the Indian market called the Kiger. It will be placed in the compact-SUV segment in the Indian market. The Kiger is expected to be launched sometime during the festive season.
Ahead of its launch, the Renault Kiger was spotted testing next to the Nissan Magnite. Spy images from Gaadiwaadi reveal both models parked next to each other. The Magnite parked on the right is completely camouflaged, while the Kiger is partially-covered revealing new details of the compact-SUV.
The test mule features LED tail lamps, that is possibly a c-shaped unit. It also houses the LED turn-indicator along with the reverse-light. The images also reveal the sculpted boot design, roof rails finished in a grey paint scheme, and black cladding on the rear bumper.
Parked next to the Magnite, the Kiger also seems taller than the Japnese SUV and also has a steeper rear windshield rake angle. Both will be manufactured at Renault-Nissan Alliance's production base in Oragadam, Tamil Nadu.
The Kiger SUV will be based on the CMF-A+ platform that is currently used in the Renault Triber from the brand's line-up. It will be a tall-riding SUV, which will result in Kiger having a good amount of cabin space to comfortably seat five occupants.
The Renault Kiger is expected to feature a rugged design with large wheel arches, bold crease lines and a floating-roof design. On the other hand, the Magnite will take a bold yet subtle approach to its design.
On the inside, the Kiger is expected to come packed with a host of features, enhanced connectivity, and convenience. This includes a multifunction steering wheel with mounted controls, and climate control system; among others.
It is also expected to feature a fully-digital instrument cluster, and a large screen for the infotainment system that supports Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and the brand's connected technology, and a factory-fitted sunroof.
Renault is expected to be offered with two 1.0-litre, three-cylinder petrol engine options. The lower-spec naturally aspirated engine is expected to be borrowed from the Renault Triber MPV. It produces 71bhp and 96Nm of torque and comes mated to a five-speed manual gearbox, with an optional AMT.
However, the highlight of the Kiger is expected by the inclusion of a 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine. Codenamed ‘HR10' the 1.0-litre engine is expected to produce around 95bhp. The turbo-petrol motor could come mated to either a five-speed manual gearbox, or a CVT automatic transmission.
Thoughts About The Renault Kiger Spotted With Nissan Magnite Revealing New Features
Once launched, the Renault Kiger will be placed in the highly competitive compact-SUV segment in the Indian market. It will rival the like of Hyundai Venue, the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, the Tata Nexon and the upcoming Kia Sonet; among others. However, it's primary rival will be the Nissan Magnite in the India market.