- 22 min ago Honda City Outsells Hyundai Verna & Maruti Suzuki Ciaz In July 2020: Detailed Report
- 42 min ago Tata HBX, Gravitas And Harrier Petrol Spotted Testing Together: Details & Specifications
- 50 min ago Bike Sales Report For July 2020 In India: Bajaj Auto Register 33% Decline In Monthly Sales
- 1 hr ago Car Sales Report For June 2020: MG Motor Registers 2105 Units Of Sales Last Month
- Sports Badminton: India handed relatively easy draw in Thomas and Uber Cup Final
- Lifestyle Sanskrit Diwas 2020: Some Lesser Known Facts That Will Make Every Indian Feel Proud
- Finance Spencer's Retail Rights Issue Opens On 4 August: Details Here
- Movies Sushant Had Bipolar Disorder; Was Undergoing Treatment And Taking Medicines For It: Mumbai CP
- News On why CJI did not wear a helmet, Bhushan says didn’t notice bike was on a stand
- Technology Google Pixel 4a Vs OnePlus Nord: Which One Should You Buy?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
The Renault Kiger was, once again, spotted testing on the India roads and this time there were two cars. The Kiger (codename HBC) will be a sub-4m SUV compact SUV from the company. The compact SUV was supposed to make its debut sometime early next year, but now it is likely to go on sale around this year's festive season.
However, as seen in the recent images captured by Rushlane, the compact SUV reveals its design silhouette, especially its side profile. The sub-four-metre crossover is based on Renault-Nissan's CMF-A+ platform which also underpins the upcoming Nissan Magnite. The compact SUV will be having a good amount of cabin space that can comfortably accommodate five people. The Renault Kiger is expected to feature a rugged design with large wheel arches, bold crease lines and a floating-roof design.
The Renault Kiger is likely to come packed with a host of features for enhanced connectivity and convenience at the same time. The features are likely to include a multifunction steering wheel with steering mounted controls, climate control system, a fully-digital 7-inch instrument cluster (as seen in the previous spy shots), and a large screen for the infotainment system that supports Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and the brand's connected technology, out of many. The Kiger is also likely to get a factory-fitted sunroof.
Mechanically, the Renault Kiger is likely to be powered by two 1.0-litre, three-cylinder petrol engine options. The first unit is expected to be a 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine (codenamed ‘HR10') is expected to produce around 100bhp of power and 160Nm of peak torque. The turbo-petrol motor could be coupled to either a five-speed manual gearbox or a CVT automatic transmission.
On the other hand, the lower-spec naturally aspirated engine is likely to be borrowed from the Renault Triber MPV. The unit produces 71bhp of power and 96Nm of peak torque. The engine comes mated to a five-speed manual gearbox with an optional AMT gearbox.
Thoughts About The Upcoming Renault Kiger Compact SUV
The Renault Kiger will be offered with a host of new features and once launched the Kiger will go up against the likes of the Hyundai Venue, the Tata Nexon, the Ford EcoSport and the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza in India.