- 5 hrs ago Tata Motors Introduces Health And Hygiene Accessories For Its Customers
- 7 hrs ago Yamaha Increases The Prices Of The BS6 FZ-Fi and FZS-Fi For The Second Time: Read More To Find Out
- 9 hrs ago Renault India Expands Dealer Network With 17 New Touchpoints In Four Months
- 10 hrs ago Tata Gravitas And The Harrier Petrol Spotted Testing Once Again Ahead Of India Launch
- News 'Welcome back': Cong leaders hail Rajasthan crisis 'resolution' after Pilot-Rahul meet
- Movies Drishyam 2: The Mohanlal Starrer Goes Through Minor Script Changes!
- Sports Bouchard back with a win before storm halts Prague proceedings
- Technology Airtel Launches 4G High-Speed Services In Andaman And Nicobar
- Lifestyle 15 Amazing Tea Tree Oil Remedies For Hair Growth
- Finance ICICI Bank Sets QIP Issue Floor Price At Rs 351 Per Share
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Sikkim In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
The Renault Kiger was, once again, spotted testing on the India roads and this time there were two cars. The Kiger (codename HBC) will be a sub-4m SUV compact SUV from the company. The compact SUV was supposed to make its debut sometime early next year, but now it is likely to go on sale around this year's festive season.
However, as seen in the recent images captured by Rushlane, the compact SUV reveals its design silhouette, especially its side profile. The sub-four-metre crossover is based on Renault-Nissan's CMF-A+ platform which also underpins the upcoming Nissan Magnite. The compact SUV will be having a good amount of cabin space that can comfortably accommodate five people. The Renault Kiger is expected to feature a rugged design with large wheel arches, bold crease lines and a floating-roof design.
The Renault Kiger is likely to come packed with a host of features for enhanced connectivity and convenience at the same time. The features are likely to include a multifunction steering wheel with steering mounted controls, climate control system, a fully-digital 7-inch instrument cluster (as seen in the previous spy shots), and a large screen for the infotainment system that supports Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and the brand's connected technology, out of many. The Kiger is also likely to get a factory-fitted sunroof.
Mechanically, the Renault Kiger is likely to be powered by two 1.0-litre, three-cylinder petrol engine options. The first unit is expected to be a 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine (codenamed ‘HR10') is expected to produce around 100bhp of power and 160Nm of peak torque. The turbo-petrol motor could be coupled to either a five-speed manual gearbox or a CVT automatic transmission.
On the other hand, the lower-spec naturally aspirated engine is likely to be borrowed from the Renault Triber MPV. The unit produces 71bhp of power and 96Nm of peak torque. The engine comes mated to a five-speed manual gearbox with an optional AMT gearbox.
Thoughts About The Upcoming Renault Kiger Compact SUV
The Renault Kiger will be offered with a host of new features and once launched the Kiger will go up against the likes of the Hyundai Venue, the Tata Nexon, the Ford EcoSport and the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza in India.