- 7 hrs ago Mahindra Thar SUVs Spotted At Dealerships Without Infotainment System: Here Are The Details
- 9 hrs ago Hyundai N-Line Coming To India: New i20 N-Line Hatchback Expected To Go On Sale In Mid-2021
- 10 hrs ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 12 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- News Give names of perpetrators: Delhi Police issues notice to farmer leader Darshan Pal
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 January 27 Highlights: Nikki Fights Vikas And Devoleena; Arshi Talks To Rahul About Vikas
- Finance Analysts Recommend Avoiding Yes Bank; See Stock Falling Further
- Sports ISL 2020-21: Kerala Blasters FC vs Jamshedpur FC: Unlucky Kerala shares spoils with Jamshedpur
- Education RRB NTPC Admit Card 2021 Phase-3, Check Region-wise Links
- Lifestyle Are Papayas A Healthy Choice For People With Diabetes?
- Travel February 2021: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
- Technology Realme Narzo 30A Gets NBTC, BIS Certifications; Hints India Launch As Well
Renault has unveiled the concept version of its all-new upcoming compact-SUV offering for the Indian market. Along with the showcase of the concept, the French carmaker also confirmed that the upcoming compact-SUV will be called the 'Kiger'.
While the car unveiled is still a concept, it does give us an insight of what we can expect on the final production version. Starting with the design, the concept showcases a dual headlamp setup at the front, with the LED DRLs on top and the main headlamp unit down on the bumper.
The Daytime Running Lights can further be seen extended over the front grille, with a massive Renault logo at its centre. The front bumper also houses a large central air dam at the centre, with silver finished skid plates below it.
The bonnet and the side profile of the SUV feature a muscular look, with creases and lines, accentuating the design. The concept also features extended wheel arches with a black-cladding, which adds to the SUV character. The wheels come with a radical design, which obviously will not make it to production.
The compact-SUV could also feature a dual-tone paint scheme, with the ORVMs with integrated turn indicators finished in black. The concept also features door handles, which sit flush with the body panels, which is a nice touch. There are also blacked-out roof rails, which on the production-spec could be finished in silver.
The rear profile will come with C-shaped LED tail lights, along with a roof-mounted spoiler with a stop lamp. The concept SUV also features a centrally-mounted exhaust tips, which is unlikely to make it to production, but would look cool if it did!
No other details of the upcoming Renault Kiger compact-SUV has been revealed. This includes the interiors. However, we do expect the production-spec Kiger SUV to feature large digital instrument cluster, touchscreen infotainment system, automatic climate control, electric sunroof and a host of other features and equipment as well.
In terms of engine options, while there is no official information we expect the Renault Kiger to come powered by two petrol engines: a 1.0-litre NA unit and a 1.0-litre turbo-petrol offering, with power and torque figures similar to its cousin, the Nissan Magnite. Transmission options will come in the form of either a five-speed manual or an AMT automatic gearbox.
Thoughts On The Renault Kiger Concept SUV Unveil
The Renault Kiger is expected to go on sale in India some time in mid-2021. Once introduced in the Indian market, the Kiger compact-SUV will take on rivals such as the Kia Sonet, Hyundai Venue, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza and even the Nissan Magnite.