- 30 min ago Nissan Magnite India Launch Rumored By End 2020: Will Rival Toyota Urban Cruiser
- 15 hrs ago Tata Altroz Turbo Petrol Variant Details Revealed: Launch Expected Soon
- 16 hrs ago Honda Cars India Introduce Virtual Showrooms: New Car Purchase From Comfort of Home
- 17 hrs ago Tata Tiago Production Crosses 3 Lakh Unit Mark: New Milestone Achieved
- Movies Shweta Tiwari Confirms Being COVID-19 Positive; Ishq Mein Marjawan 2's Rrahul Also Tests Positive
- News Farm bills: Congress to begin two-month nationwide mass movement today
- Lifestyle Ankita Lokhande Or Erica Fernandes, Whose White Saree Is Prettier And Who Pulled It Off Better?
- Sports IPL 2020: Rohit Sharma is now fourth in the 'hit' list!
- Finance This Pharma Stock Has Promising Outlook And An Upgrade From Sharekhan
- Technology Vivo Watch Announced With Blood Oxygen Sensor, Up To 18-Day Battery Life And More
- Education CISCE Compartment Time Table 2020 Released For ICSE And ISC Exams
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Winter In India In 2020
Renault India has announced an expansion to its dealership network in the country. The French carmaker has introduced a total of 17 new sales and service touchpoints across India, over the last 4 month period.
Of the 17 touchpoints, 14 of them are showrooms while the remaining 3 are workshops. These 17 touchpoints are said to have been set up between April to July 2020, across different states of India. The expansion is part of a business strategy to grow the brand in the Indian market, especially in emerging markets.
Out of the 17 touchpoints, four are in Himachal Pradesh; three in Telangana; two each in Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh and one in Delhi, Assam, Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra and Punjab as well.
Venkatram Mamillapalle, Country CEO & MD, Renault India Operations, stated:
"India is an important market for Renault's global growth plans, and we have a thorough business strategy for this dynamic automotive market. This is reflected by our robust product enhancement strategy, our rapid network expansion and fervent efforts to ensure customer delight,"
"Although we are cautious given the current situation, it is encouraging to see that we are attracting new dealers in these times, as well as getting more investments and expansion requests by existing partners. This is enabling us to expand our presence to cater to more customers in metro cities as well as emerging tier II-IV cities across the country."
With the addition of the 17 new touchpoints, Renault India now has over 390 sales and 470 service networks across the country. The expansion is also due to the success of the brand in the Indian market, especially since the launch of the Triber MPV. The new budget-friendly Renault Triber MPV recently even received a more attractive update, in the form of an automatic gearbox.
The French carmaker is currently working on introducing the Duster SUV with a turbo-petrol engine. The Renault Duster turbo-petrol version is confirmed to go on sale in India sometime this month and will be better equipped to take on its rivals in the mid-size SUV segment.
Thoughts On The Renault India Dealership Expansion
Renault India has received an extremely good response to its models in the Indian market, first with the updated Kwid and then the Triber. The company has grown by 75% in terms of yearly sales.