- 27 min ago Bajaj Pulsar 150 BS6 Models Witness Second Price Increase: Details
- 33 min ago Skoda Stops Taking Bookings For The Rapid Rider Due To Its High Demand
- 1 hr ago Mercedes-Benz Registers 2,984 Units In Sales For The Months January To June 2020
- 18 hrs ago MG Motor Launches MG-SEWA Parents First Initiative: To Sanitise Owner’s Parent’s Cars
- Technology Oppo Enco W31, M31 Wireless Headphones Get Price Reduction In India
- News With just a word, Rahul Gandhi questions Centre over MP's Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Power project
- Finance Jio Platforms Receives Payments From 4 More Investors On Stake Sale Deals
- Movies Suchitra Deletes Viral Video On TN Custodial Deaths After CB-CID Says Her Narrative Is ‘Baseless’
- Sports CPL 2020: The tournament to be held between August 18-September 10 at Trinidad behind closed doors
- Lifestyle Different Styles Of Earrings For Long, Medium And Short Hair That Will Guaranteed Steal Attention
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In July 2020
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Renault Duster turbo-petrol variant is expected to launch soon in the Indian market. The 1.3-litre 'HR13' engine has already made its India debut on the 2020 Nissan Kicks. The company is expected to introduce the new variant sometime during this year.
French automaker had showcased the Duster turbo-petrol variant at the 2020 Auto Expo. The SUV that was showcased at the event featured a few cosmetic updates. These include red colour inserts on the front grille, fog lamp housing, and on the Duster badging on the tailgate. It also featured a new set of 17-inch dual-tone alloy wheels. We expect these changes to make it to the soon-to-be-launched Duster 1.3 Turbo.
The biggest change to the upcoming Duster will be under the bonnet. The ‘HR13' 1.3-litre, four-cylinder, the engine produces 156bhp and 245Nm of torque. The turbo-petrol mill is said to be using the same cylinder coating technology as the ones seen on Nissan GT-R supercar.
The ‘HR13' 1.3-litre engine has been jointly developed by Daimler and Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Alliance and was introduced during December 2017. The engine is currently being used by Mercedes-Benz, Renault, Nissan and Dacia on different models in the respective brand's line-up.
Once launched, the turbo-petrol engine is expected to be offered with six-speed manual transmission and an optional CVT automatic transmission. The engine and transmission options are also expected to be offered on the top-spec trims of the compact-SUV.
Renault has decided to introduce the new turbo-petrol engine as a replacement to the old K9K diesel engine. The 1.5-litre diesel engine was not updated to meet the BS6 emission standards and has been discontinued in the Indian market. It used to produce 108bhp and 245Nm of torque.
The Renault Duster BS6-compliant model was launched in the Indian market earlier this year. The compact SUV is currently offered with a single engine option: a 1.5-litre four-cylinder petrol unit. It produces 105bhp and 142Nm of torque and comes mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox.
In related news, Renault has launched the Triber AMT variant in the Indian market. The AMT transmission option is offered in three variants of the Triber compact-MPV with a starting price of Rs 6.18 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi) — here are more details.
The French auto manufacturer has also launched the Captur facelift model in the international market. The facelifted SUV is also expected to be launched in India later this year. The upcoming Captur facelift is also expected to feature the 1.3-litre turbo-petrol engine and a couple of other design changes as well — here are all the details.
Thoughts About The Renault Duster Turbo-Petrol Variant Launching Soon In India
Renault Duster has been a popular SUV and has brought in good volumes for the brand in the Indian market. Since then new rivals are introduced in the segment, and the Duster's popularity has faded in the market. However, with the introduction of a turbo-petrol variant, the company aims to win back sales.