- 2 hrs ago KTM RC 125, RC 200 & RC 390 Launched In New Colours: Prices & Other Details
- 3 hrs ago Tata Nexon To Get New Grille Design Soon: Details Leaked Ahead Of Launch
- 4 hrs ago 2020 Mahindra Thar Bookings & Launch Timeline Revealed: Teaser Video
- 1 day ago 2021 Mahindra XUV500 SUV Spotted Testing Revealing Few Features: Spy Pics & Details
- Technology Xiaomi Mi Air 2 Pro Earbuds Spotted; Active Noise Cancellation Feature Tipped
- News NIA court sentences to life ISIS terrorist in Omar Al-Hindi case
- Movies Dino Morea On Nepotism In Film Industry: You Have To Slog Whether You Are An Insider Or Outsider
- Finance ITC Trades Higher Even As Maharashtra Bans Sale Of Loose Cigarettes, Beedis
- Sports Ashok Dinda to play for Goa in upcoming domestic season
- Lifestyle Tamannaah Bhatia’s Yellow Saree And Minimal Jewellery Avatar Is The Festive Look Inspiration We Need
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In October 2020
- Education Supreme Court Decision On UPSC Civil Services Exam 2020, Check Latest News
French automaker, Renault will be launching a new powerful variant of its flagship Duster SUV in the Indian market. Called the Duster Turbo will feature an all-new turbo-petrol engine along with few cosmetic upgrades as well.
The upcoming Duster turbo-petrol variant was first showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo. It was expected to arrive much earlier in the market. However, the launch timelines were delayed due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.
The Renault Duster turbo-petrol will be powered by the The ‘HR13' 1.3-litre, four-cylinder, the engine produces 156bhp and 245Nm of torque. The turbo-petrol mill is said to be using the same cylinder coating technology as the ones seen on Nissan GT-R supercar. It will also feature a dual variable valve timing for superior performance.
The ‘HR13' 1.3-litre unit has been jointly developed by Daimler and Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi alliance, which was introduced during December 2017. The engine is currently being used by Mercedes-Benz, Renault, Nissan and Dacia on different models in the respective brand's line-up. The 2020 Nissan Kicks sold in the Indian market is also powered by the same engine.
Renault will offer the new turbo-petrol engine with a standard six-speed manual transmission along with an optional CVT automatic. The engine and transmission options could be offered on the top-spec trims of the Duster.
The company decided to introduce the new turbo-petrol engine as a replacement to the old K9K diesel engine. The 1.5-litre diesel engine was not updated to meet the BS6 emission standards and has been discontinued in the Indian market. It used to produce 108bhp and 245Nm of torque.
The compact-SUV is currently powered by a 1.5-litre four-cylinder naturally aspirated petrol engine. It produces 105bhp and 142Nm of torque and comes mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox.
Along with the new engine, the Duster Turbo model will also feature a couple of cosmetic upgrades over the standard model. The SUV showcased at the Auto Expo featured red colour inserts on the front grille, fog lamp housing, and on the Duster badging placed on the tailgate.
Other changes noticed includes a new set of 17-inch dual-tone alloy wheels. Apart from these changes, all other features such as touchscreen infotainment system, instrument cluster and others will be borrowed from the standard model.
Thoughts About The Renault Duster Turbo-Petrol Engine Teased Ahead Of Launch
The Renault Duster is now the brand's flagship model after the Captur was discontinued in the market. The SUV is struggling in terms of sales numbers against its newly revised rivals. However, with the launch of turbo variant, the Duster will be receiving an engine that will offer segment-best performance. The sales numbers could pick up once the new variant is launched this month.