- 12 hrs ago 2020 TVS Apache RR310 Review: From Race-Track To The Roads!
- 13 hrs ago MG ZS Petrol Model Likely To Launch Next Year In India: Will It Be The Brand’s Fourth Model?
- 15 hrs ago Mercedes-Benz EQC India Launch Timeline Announced: To Arrive Next Month
- 15 hrs ago 2021 Range Rover & Range Rover Sport Prices Announced: Starts At Rs 88.24 Lakh
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati Lottery Message Promising 25 Lakh On Whatsapp Messenger Is Fake
- Sports Rohit Sharma pats Kieron Pollard, Ishan Kishan for keeping Mumbai Indians in the match
- News Sonia Gandhi urges Congress-ruled states to pass laws to negate central farm acts
- Finance RBI May Hold MPC Meet As Early As Next Week
- Lifestyle World Heart Day 2020: Best Foods To Prevent The Risk Of Heart Diseases In Diabetics
- Technology Oppo Reno4 F Officially Teased; Launch Set For October, 2020
- Education CLAT Answer Key 2020: Check Provisional Answer Key
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In October 2020
French automaker, Renault will be launching a new powerful variant of its flagship Duster SUV in the Indian market. Called the Duster Turbo will feature an all-new turbo-petrol engine along with few cosmetic upgrades as well.
The upcoming Duster turbo-petrol variant was first showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo. It was expected to arrive much earlier in the market. However, the launch timelines were delayed due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.
The Renault Duster turbo-petrol will be powered by the The ‘HR13' 1.3-litre, four-cylinder, the engine produces 156bhp and 245Nm of torque. The turbo-petrol mill is said to be using the same cylinder coating technology as the ones seen on Nissan GT-R supercar. It will also feature a dual variable valve timing for superior performance.
The ‘HR13' 1.3-litre unit has been jointly developed by Daimler and Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi alliance, which was introduced during December 2017. The engine is currently being used by Mercedes-Benz, Renault, Nissan and Dacia on different models in the respective brand's line-up. The 2020 Nissan Kicks sold in the Indian market is also powered by the same engine.
Renault will offer the new turbo-petrol engine with a standard six-speed manual transmission along with an optional CVT automatic. The engine and transmission options could be offered on the top-spec trims of the Duster.
The company decided to introduce the new turbo-petrol engine as a replacement to the old K9K diesel engine. The 1.5-litre diesel engine was not updated to meet the BS6 emission standards and has been discontinued in the Indian market. It used to produce 108bhp and 245Nm of torque.
The compact-SUV is currently powered by a 1.5-litre four-cylinder naturally aspirated petrol engine. It produces 105bhp and 142Nm of torque and comes mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox.
Along with the new engine, the Duster Turbo model will also feature a couple of cosmetic upgrades over the standard model. The SUV showcased at the Auto Expo featured red colour inserts on the front grille, fog lamp housing, and on the Duster badging placed on the tailgate.
Other changes noticed includes a new set of 17-inch dual-tone alloy wheels. Apart from these changes, all other features such as touchscreen infotainment system, instrument cluster and others will be borrowed from the standard model.
Thoughts About The Renault Duster Turbo-Petrol Engine Teased Ahead Of Launch
The Renault Duster is now the brand's flagship model after the Captur was discontinued in the market. The SUV is struggling in terms of sales numbers against its newly revised rivals. However, with the launch of turbo variant, the Duster will be receiving an engine that will offer segment-best performance. The sales numbers could pick up once the new variant is launched this month.