- 1 hr ago Hyundai N-Line Coming To India: New i20 N-Line Hatchback Expected To Go On Sale In Mid-2021
- 2 hrs ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 4 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- 6 hrs ago 2021 Jeep Compass SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.99 Lakh
- Movies Coolie No. 1 Screenplay Writer Rumi Jaffery Was Against The Idea Of Film's Remake
- Technology Realme Narzo 30A Gets NBTC, BIS Certifications; Hints India Launch As Well
- News BJP planted stooge Deep Sidhu to create chaos in tractor rally: AAP
- Lifestyle 8 Signs Your Partner No Longer Wants To Be With You
- Finance 2 Ways To Retrieve Your Lost Aadhaar Enrolment ID
- Sports Happy if I could play 5 or 10 percent as good as Dhoni: Ben Dunk
- Education JNVST Admit Card 2021 Released For Class 9 Lateral Entry Selection Test
- Travel Experiential Travel: 13-Year-old Sohan Raghuram Writes About His Unique Trip To Goa
Since our natural resources are getting scarce, automobile manufacturers are focusing more on electric vehicles and plug-in hybrids as they are said to be the future of mobility. Jaguar Land Rover has been thinking on the same lines and the company has finally introduced the Range Rover Evoque and Land Rover Discovery Sport with Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV) technology.
Both SUVs offer a driving range of around 60km using their electric motor along. This has been tested and verified by the WLTP (Worldwide Harmonised Light Vehicles Test Procedure) cycle. The tests also revealed that both SUVs gave out extremely low CO2 emissions of just 32g/km as well.
Both the Range Rover Evoque and Land Rover Discovery Sport with plug-in hybrid electric vehicles have been codenamed the P300e. Both SUVs are powered by a brand new 1.5-litre three-cylinder Ingenium petrol engine producing 197bhp on its own. This engine is further paired with an electric motor, which churns out 106.bhp. The electric motor comes linked to a 15kWh battery pack sourced from Samsung.
The combined power figures of the engine and the electric motor, stands at 298bhp and 540Nm of peak torque. The new engine is further mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission as standard. The electric motor with the petrol engine, allows both SUVs to power through from 0 - 100km/h quicker than its conventional petrol-powered siblings.
Both the plug-in hybrid electric vehicles will be getting a Mode 2 cable that will be connected to a 3-pin socket. The batteries are capable of a full charge in 6 hours and 42 mins. There is also the option of a DC fast-charger, capable of charging the batteries up to 80% in just 30 minutes.
As far as the design and interiors are concerned, both the plug-in hybrid electric vehicles remain more or less unchanged. The Evoque P300e and the Discovery Sport P300e are expected to go on sale in international markets at the end of 2021 and there is no news of JLR bringing the PHEVs to Indian shores.
Thoughts On The Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicles By JLR
As we mentioned that our natural resources are getting scarce, JLR by introducing the PHEV SUVs will be contributing a lot towards a cleaner environment. We are hoping that the company brings the PHEVs to our shores in the near future.