- 2 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Swift Sales Cross 23 Lakh Units Mark: Becomes Best-Selling Car Of 2020
- 3 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Bookings Cross 35,000 Units Mark: New Milestone Achieved By The Brand
- 5 hrs ago Ampere Electric Scooter Sales Cross 75,000 Units: 300th Dealership Opened In India
- 5 hrs ago Skoda Karoq Restock Expected Soon In India: Could Be Locally Assembled
- Movies Larry King Of Larry King Live Fame Passes Away At The Age Of 87
- News US talk show host Larry King dies weeks after testing Covid positive
- Sports Real Madrid flatly deny 'tension' with Inter regarding deferred payments for Hakimi
- Lifestyle Herbal Remedies To Get Rid Of Hot Flashes
- Education SBI SCO Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link To Download
- Finance With 8.5% Return Should I Invest In This Fund For PPF-like Benefits?
- Technology Realme X7 Series RAM, Storage, And Color Options Leaked; Launch Expected For February 4
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In January 2021
Pravaig Dynamics, the Bengaluru based brand has unveiled its first electric car, called the Extinction. The new Pravaig Extinction electric sedan is said to go on sale in India sometime next year in a phase-wise manner.
The new Pravaig Extinction comes with a four-door coupe styling, said to have a special focus on aerodynamics. The electric sedan comes with a clean and minimalistic design, while also featuring LED projector headlamps and LED tail lights, both connected by a LED strip, sharp shoulder lines on the side, stylish alloy wheels and the ‘Pravaig' logo at the centre of the boot-lid at the back.
While the interiors of the electric sedan haven't been unveiled, Pravaig does state that the cabin will feature a lounge-like ambience. The rear cabin will provide passengers with a relaxed seating position with extended leg space. The left-side rear seats claim to recline up to 165-degrees as well.
Apart from this, the Pravaig Extinction will also come with a host of bespoke elements inside. This includes a music system from France-based Devialet Audio Technology company. Customers will also be able to spec up the interiors as per their liking, using the brand's tie-up with various architects, fashion and interior design professionals.
The electric sedan is also said to be capable of providing autonomous driving technology. Although this tech is still awaiting approvals from the government of India. Other features also include HEPA filters, swappable batteries and 8 airbags.
Talking about safety, Pravaig claims that the Extinction electric sedan is ‘built like a tank' and comes with a 5-star safety rating. However, the company did not confirm if these test results are from any official NCAP or from those done by the team internally.
Coming to the important part, the Pravaig Extinction is said to be powered by a 96kWh lithium-ion battery pack. The electric powertrain on the sedan claims to offer close to 200bhp of power (150kW), which allows the Extinction to sprint from 0 - 100km/ in a claimed 5.4 seconds.
The Pravaig Extinction is also said to feature fast-charging technology. The batteries on the electric sedan are capable of charging from 0 - 80 per cent in just 30 mins. Although the exact charging system details are unknown.
As mentioned earlier, the Pravaig Extinction electric sedan will be introduced in India in a phase-wise manner. The electric car will be first introduced in Bengaluru and Delhi, before expanding to other major cities across India at a later stage.
The company also has a unique pricing and payment scheme for the Extinction sedan. While prices for the electric car haven't been revealed, the company has stated that the Extinction will be offered exclusively via leasing and chauffeur-driven services.
Thoughts On The Pravaig Extinction Electric Sedan
While the new electric sedan from the Bengaluru-based brand looks promising, there are still a lot of claims which are yet to be confirmed, especially that of the 5-star safety rating. With the launch expected next year, we will have to wait to see how the final product turns out.