- 1 hr ago Hero Xtreme 160R Unveiled Ahead Of India Launch: Will Rival The TVS Apache RTR 160 4V
- 3 hrs ago Hero Passion Pro BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 64,990
- 24 hrs ago 2020 Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Facelift — All You Need To Know
- 1 day ago Next-gen Kia Sorento Revealed Ahead Of Debut At Geneva Motor Show
- Sports ICC Women's T20 World Cup: India edge out West Indies in warm-up match
- Finance 5 Reasons Why Indians Are Increasingly Choosing Gold ETFs For Investment
- News Bengaluru: Fire breaks out near Prestige Lakeview Habitat; No injuries reported
- Lifestyle Who Is A Serial Dater And 7 Signs You Are Dating One
- Movies KKK 10: Karan Patel Is Whopping Amount For Spl Edition;Here's How Much He's Getting Paid Per Episode
- Technology Realme Might Launch Smartphone With 5,000mAh Battery And Triple Camera
- Travel 8 Most Appealing Summer Holiday Destinations In India
- Education CBSE Exam Centre Locator App: Why Class 10 & 12 Students Should Download?
German luxury car manufacturer, Porsche, is all set to launch the all electric Taycan models in India. The Porsche Taycan electric vehicle was first showcased at the Frankfurt Motor Show 2019, and will be available in India in the Turbo and Turbo S variants.
While the upcoming Taycan electric sports car is instantly recognizable as a Porsche, the overall design looks more futuristic. The vehicle features a sleek set of LED headlights that are housed in bonnet scoops that are synonymous with the company's design language.
A highlight design feature on the Porsche Taycan is the charging port that is built into the left fender of the vehicle, adding more to a futuristic design. Other design features include a single bar rear tail light. The bar that stretches across the boot lip is also expected to function as turn signal indicators.
The interiors of the Porsche Taycan look like they're out of a science fiction film. The driver's side features what looks like a simple steering wheel, and a boomerang shaped fully digital instrument cluster.
The dashboard is fairly minimalistic and features what looks like a rather lengthy touchscreen infotainment system. The armrest runs across the entire length of the seat and the dashboard, and features a small automatic mode shifter, and a flat dock for a smartphone.
The seating reminds one of ‘travel pods' seen in the likes of Star Trek and definitely make one feel like they're traveling in a flying car more than on the road.
The soon to be launched Porsche Taycan will feature a 93.4kWh high-voltage Lithium-ion battery that will power two motors. The motors will produce a collective of 614bhp of power.
Porsche will also offer the Taycan models with an Overboost Power option that increases power outputs to 668bhp on the Taycan Turbo model, and 759bhp on the Taycan Turbo S model.
These power figures, combined with the aerodynamic design will allow for the Turbo model to nail the 0 to 100 kilometer per hour mark in 3.2 seconds, and the Turbo S model to achieve it in 2.8 seconds.
The Porsche Taycan models will arrive with a certified range of 450 kilometers over a full charge, which is impressive for a vehicle this powerful. Porsche has upped the charging game with the Taycan models - using a dedicated 800V charger, the battery can be charged from 5 percent to 80 percent in just under 23 minutes.
While India specific pricing hasn't been announced just yet, the Porsche Taycan models will arrive as completely built units, and will be imported from Germany. The models currently sell for approximately between Rs 70 lakh and Rs 1.10 crore in the United State markets.
Expectations are that the models will be priced around the Rs 2.7 crore (ex-showroom) mark in India - over two and a half times the value, thanks to the various taxes.
Thoughts About The Porsche Taycan Being Launched In India
While pricing is really on the higher side, Porsche is confident that the Taycan models will do well. We're sure they'll do well too. There are the super rich who will buy a Taycan just because they can.