- 1 hr ago Okinawa Electric Scooter Festive Offers 2020: Assured Gift, Lucky Draw & More
- 3 hrs ago Skoda Vision IN Spotted Testing For First Time In India Ahead Of Launch: Pics & Details
- 6 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Baleno Sales Crosses 8 Lakh Units Milestone Mark: Detailed Report
- 22 hrs ago New Ducati Multistrada 950 S India Launch Date Announced: Pre-Bookings Open For Rs 1 Lakh
- Sports IPL 2020: Gautam Gambhir in awe of Shikhar Dhawan
- Lifestyle Not A Fan Of Alcohol? Here Are 10 Non-Alcoholic Substitutes For Wine
- Movies Khushbu Sundar Detained By Police While On Her Way To Protest Against VCK Chief’s Manusmriti Comment
- News COVID Face-Off: Consumers vs Brands
- Technology Redmi K30S With 144Hz Display Launched: Price, Specifications
- Finance MSCI to Tweak FOL In Indian Stocks; Huge Foreign Funds Expected
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In November
- Education NEET Counselling Registration 2020: Check MCC NEET UG 2020 Registration Link
Ford and Mahindra announced their partnership in India last year in October. As per the partnership, Both brands will jointly develop all-new vehicles for the Indian market. According to the latest report by Autocar India, the upcoming Ford SUVs will be designed by the iconic Pininfarina.
The joint venture between two automakers will see Mahindra owning a 51 per cent controlling stake and Ford owning a 49 per cent stake. Ford's personnel and assembly plants in Chennai and Sanand will be handled by both companies, as a part of the venture.
We can expect some crazy looking SUV designs as Pininfarina has designed some of the most exotic supercars in the past. The first product from the Mahindra-Ford joint venture will be a new C-SUV, that will be the next-gen XUV500 codenamed: W601 and Ford's version of the SUV codenamed: CX757.
Mechanically, the new SUV from Ford is expected to be powered by a 2.2-litre diesel engine that will produce 180bhp of power. On the other hand, there will also be a 2.0-litre turbo-petrol engine that will churn out 190bhp of power, which also does its duty on the all-new Thar. This new Ford C-SUV will go up against the likes of the Tata Harrier and the MG Hector.
In other recent Ford news, the company recently launched the all-new Endeavour Sport in the Indian market at a price of Rs 35.10 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi) and is based on the Titanium+ 4x4 trim. The Endeavour Sport features blacked-out cosmetic elements to the exterior that gives the SUV a sportier look. The blacked-out scheme includes a blacked-out grille at the front, lower bumper, black-inserts on the ORVMs, rear name-plate and alloy wheels. The side step is also blacked-out along with a host of Sport badging on the outside of the SUV.
Mechanically, the Endeavour Sport is powered by a 2.0-litre EcoBlue diesel engine that produces 168bhp of power and 420Nm of peak torque. The unit is mated to a 10-speed torque converter automatic transmission unit, with the brand's ‘Select-Shift' technology.
Thoughts About The New SUVs From Both Ford And Mahindra
This venture could see both the brands helping each other to drive more sales by introducing newer models to the Indian market. It will also help both brands to develop products faster with technology sharing as well and some kickass designs as the SUVs will be designed by Pininferina.