- 36 min ago New Norton V4 RR Superbike Unveil Scheduled For Year-End: First Model Under New TVS Ownership
- 1 hr ago 2021 Mahindra XUV500 Digital Instrument Cluster Display Revealed: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 3 hrs ago Renault Winter Service Camp Announced In India: Here Are All Details
- 17 hrs ago Porsche Taycan Creates New Drifting World Record: Longest Drift In An Electric Vehicle
- Movies Hrithik Roshan Calls Dhoom 2 His Induction Into School Of How To Be Sexy; Read His Post
- News BSF Constable Recruitment 2020 full list: Check here
- Education SSB ASI Admit Card 2020 Released, Check Direct Link To Download
- Finance Bitcoin Investment Is For Long Term; To Scale To Rs. 1 Crore By 2030: Analysts
- Technology Infinix Zero 8i India Launch Officially Confirmed; Arriving On December 2
- Sports India tour of Australia: Waqar Younis expects tight contest between two nations
- Lifestyle Surbhi Jyoti Leaves Us Speechless With Her Bold Dual Toned Eye Make-Up Look
- Travel 10 Best Honeymoon Destinations To Visit In India This Winter
PAL-V Liberty is now the world's first road-legal commercial flying car. The PAL-V flying car has finally received permission to be driven legally on European roads. The PAL-V Liberty is also said to be currently undergoing the process of acquiring an aviation certification from the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA).
With the PAL-V Liberty having passed the stringent European road admission tests, the flying car is now allowed to be driven on the streets with an official number plate. The car underwent the road admissions tests in February 2020, where it was tested in a number of areas including high-speed ovals, brake, emissions and noise pollution; among others.
According to the company, the PAL-V Liberty design is currently undergoing tests for certification by EASA, with the finalisation expected in 2022. As per the regulations over 1200 test reports need to be completed before the final 150 hours of flight testing can take place. The company has stated that once these approvals and certifications are in place, only then deliveries to customers will start.
PAL-V has also stated that they are already witnessing a huge demand for the Liberty flying car. The company said with 80% of their reservations coming from first-time car flyers, many of them have started taking up training for a gyroplane flying licence already.
Mike Stekelenburg, CTO of PAL-V, said:
"With the memories in mind of fly and drive testing our proof of concept, the PAL-V One, I was really looking forward to testing the Liberty. We have been cooperating with the road authorities for many years to reach this milestone. The excitement you feel in the team is huge. It was very challenging to make a "folded aircraft" pass all road admission tests."
He further added, "For me, the trick in successfully making flying cars is to ensure that the design complies with both air and road regulations. I feel the energy and motivation in our team to push hard for the last few milestones and get the Liberty certified for flying too."
Hans Joore, test-driver of the PAL-V, states:
"Hearing the vehicle come to life was just magnificent and driving it was great. It is very smooth and responsive to the steering and with a weight of just 660 kg, it accelerates really well. The overall experience is like a sports car. It feels sensational."
Thoughts On the PAL-V Liberty Flying Car
A flying car has always caught the imagination of many, being seen only in sci-fi movies. However, this has now become a reality! The PAL-V Liberty is definitely an interesting machine, which could propel us into a new way of transportation in the future.