- 25 min ago Ather 450X Series1 Deliveries To Start Soon In Pune, Hyderabad & Ahemdabad
- 47 min ago 2021 Audi R8 Panther Edition Unveiled Internationally: A Special Model Limited To Just 30 Units
- 2 hrs ago Ford Cars Midnight Surprise Campaign Introduced In India: Here Are All Details
- 2 hrs ago Tata Motors Model-Wise Car Sales Report For November 2020: Here Are The Details!
- Sports India vs Australia, 1st T20I: Debutant T Natarajan receives cap from Jasprit Bumrah
- Technology Realme UI 2.0 Android 11 Update Now Available For Realme X50 Pro
- Movies Warner Bros. To Release Entire 2021 Slate On HBO MAX: The Matrix 4, Dune, The Conjuring & More
- Lifestyle 12 Protein-Rich Foods For Pregnant Women
- News Delhi's air pollution situation remains serious despite stopping stubble burning: Javadekar
- Finance Travel Stocks Zoom Up To 16% On Covid 19 Vaccine Optimism
- Education Amazon Jobs: Amazon On a Hiring Spree Engaging More Than 1.2 Million People, Recruiting 2,800 Workers On A Daily Basis
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In December
PAL-V Liberty is now the world's first road-legal commercial flying car. The PAL-V flying car has finally received permission to be driven legally on European roads. The PAL-V Liberty is also said to be currently undergoing the process of acquiring an aviation certification from the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA).
With the PAL-V Liberty having passed the stringent European road admission tests, the flying car is now allowed to be driven on the streets with an official number plate. The car underwent the road admissions tests in February 2020, where it was tested in a number of areas including high-speed ovals, brake, emissions and noise pollution; among others.
According to the company, the PAL-V Liberty design is currently undergoing tests for certification by EASA, with the finalisation expected in 2022. As per the regulations over 1200 test reports need to be completed before the final 150 hours of flight testing can take place. The company has stated that once these approvals and certifications are in place, only then deliveries to customers will start.
PAL-V has also stated that they are already witnessing a huge demand for the Liberty flying car. The company said with 80% of their reservations coming from first-time car flyers, many of them have started taking up training for a gyroplane flying licence already.
Mike Stekelenburg, CTO of PAL-V, said:
"With the memories in mind of fly and drive testing our proof of concept, the PAL-V One, I was really looking forward to testing the Liberty. We have been cooperating with the road authorities for many years to reach this milestone. The excitement you feel in the team is huge. It was very challenging to make a "folded aircraft" pass all road admission tests."
He further added, "For me, the trick in successfully making flying cars is to ensure that the design complies with both air and road regulations. I feel the energy and motivation in our team to push hard for the last few milestones and get the Liberty certified for flying too."
Hans Joore, test-driver of the PAL-V, states:
"Hearing the vehicle come to life was just magnificent and driving it was great. It is very smooth and responsive to the steering and with a weight of just 660 kg, it accelerates really well. The overall experience is like a sports car. It feels sensational."
Thoughts On the PAL-V Liberty Flying Car
A flying car has always caught the imagination of many, being seen only in sci-fi movies. However, this has now become a reality! The PAL-V Liberty is definitely an interesting machine, which could propel us into a new way of transportation in the future.