- 10 hrs ago Royal Enfield Electra 350 Modified By Ornithopter Moto Design: Renamed KARGIL
- 11 hrs ago Hero Glamour 125 BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 68,900, Ex-Showroom Delhi
- 11 hrs ago Mahindra XUV300 Wins Global NCAP’s Safer Choice Award: Becomes First Indian Manufacturer To Win
- 11 hrs ago Suzuki Katana Not Coming To India This Year — Here's Why
- News Karnataka bus strike: Transport employees to protest in Bengaluru, bus services unaffected
- Technology Best 12GB RAM Smartphones To Buy In India Right Now
- Movies Hrithik Roshan Is Impressed With Tanhaji; Showers Praises On Kajol, Ajay Devgn And Saif Ali Khan
- Sports Table Tennis: Teen sensation Hansini makes big strides, to play maiden international event in Sweden
- Lifestyle 10 Natural Ways To Prevent Mosquito Bites
- Finance Indian Railways To Offer More Tatkal Train Tickets For A Longer Duration Now
- Travel 8 Most Appealing Summer Holiday Destinations In India
- Education CBSE Exam Centre Locator App: Why Class 10 & 12 Students Should Download?
Ola has officially entered London as a cab aggregator. Indian cab hailing company Ola declared that it has now officially gone live in London. The Bangalore-based company claims that over 25,000 drivers have signed up to drive under the Ola umbrella.
Ola is an Indian taxi aggregator that offers ride hailing and ride sharing services to its users. It competes with global cab aggregator Uber in India. In-fact, Ola is the very company that has prevented Uber from dominating this space in India. Now, Ola seems to be gunning for prime international markets as well.
London is one of the largest cities in the world and lakhs of its citizens take a taxi ride every day. Ola certainly found it profitable to start operations in such a market and hence went live with it on Monday. Ola is currently offering Comfort, Comfort XL and Exec ride categories in London.
With over 25,000 drivers already registered, Ola started its London operations in full swing. Ola also announced its partnership with DriveTech and consulting giant Mercer and Pearson to take care of its drivers' training.
This ensures the highest standard of drivers in the cab business. Every single driver had to pass the Versant spoken English test, hence ensuring that every driver could communicate well. Ola has also announced several benefits for the driver including, zero commission for the first six weeks and market leading commission rates after.
Ola has even officially announced its intentions to give its drivers the best commission rates in all markets it operates in.
Thoughts On Ola Officially Commencing London Operations
London is one of the largest markets for Uber and it is quite clear that Ola wants a share of it. Well, the Ola brand has already gathered steam in London thanks to more than 25,000 registered drivers. With this, it seems like Ola is ready to take the fight to Uber.