- 12 hrs ago Suzuki Access 125 & Burgman Street BS6 Scooters Prices Hiked: Here Is The New Price List
- 12 hrs ago 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE 450 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 88.80 Lakh
- 15 hrs ago BMW Motorrad Dealerships Reopens: Resumes Retail Operations After Lockdown Eased
- 16 hrs ago Hyundai Creta Sales Beats Maruti Suzuki For The First Time: New Best-Selling Car In May 2020
- Finance Bitcoin Hit Levels Of $10000; Central Banks Stimulus Measure Supporting
- Technology Buying Guide: Best Budget Smartphones Available In India In June 2020
- Movies Shraddha Kapoor And Athiya Shetty Express Fury Over Killing Of Pregnant Elephant With Firecrackers
- News Cyclone Nisarga: Mumbai on alert; 110 KPH winds, 6 feet waves expected
- Sports Root could miss first Test of behind-closed-doors Windies series
- Lifestyle Are There Any Harmful Effects Of Staying Indoors On Your Skin?
- Travel Post Lockdown Travel List: Hotspots In Spain
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Ola cabs have offered 500 vehicles to the Karnataka state government, which will be used to transfer doctors around the state for coronavirus-related activities. The development has been confirmed by Karnataka's Deputy Chief Minister Dr CN Ashwathnarayan in a recent tweet.
The cabs provided by Ola will be used in various districts, depending on the requirement. It will be used to transport not only doctors but also healthcare workers, medicine and other essential medical equipment as well. The cabs will also be used in case of any emergencies as well. The Ola cabs will be available in the district of Bangalore, Mysore, Hubli-Dharwad, Belgaum and Mangalore.
The Bangalore-based cab service provider has suspended its operations pan-India, since the start of the lockdown on 24th March 2020. The company has also announced that they have recalled their vehicles from their driver-partners.
The company has also taken steps to ensure their driver-partners and their families are taken care off, during this tough situation. Ola has opened a fund for its drivers. They have also announced a compensation of Rs 30,000 for both the driver and their family if infected by COVID-19.
The coronavirus cases in India have crossed the 1100 mark, with over 30 confirmed deaths. The entire country has been put under lockdown for a period of 21-days between the 24th March to 14th April 2020. Only essential service workers such as food delivery personnel, groceries, police, media, firefighters and medics; allowed to venture out of their homes.
The central and state governments have been taking all the steps to ensure everyone's safety. The government has also been making provisions to ensure proper supply of essentials reaches everyone. The government has also taken the support of various automobile companies to scale up production of Ventilators and other medical equipment.
Thoughts On Ola Cabs Providing Vehicles To Transport Doctors
The threat of coronavirus is severe, with doctors and other healthcare workers doing everything in their power, along with the support of the government to contain the spread of the deadly virus in India. Ola cabs providing vehicles to transport doctors and medical supplies is a great example of support shown to all the doctors working tirelessly.