- 14 min ago 2020 TVS Apache RR310 BS6 (First Ride) Review: Crafted To Be More Invisible Than Before
- 3 hrs ago New Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Turbo-Petrol Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.68 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago Hyundai i20 2020 Models Interiors Revealed Ahead Of India Launch: Details And Expected Features
- 4 hrs ago New Mercedes-Benz A-Class Sedan Bookings Open In India: Launch Expected In The Coming Months
- News Delhi HC allows Centre's impleadment in PIL for FIRs over hate speech by 3 BJP leaders
- Sports El Clasico: Real Madrid and Barcelona gear up to make history
- Technology Samsung Galaxy M31: The Good, The Bad, And The X Factor
- Movies #ArrestSwaraBhasker Trends As Twitter Blames Actress For Delhi Violence
- Lifestyle 8 Signs There's No Emotional Intimacy In Your Relationship
- Finance Sitharaman Says This About Rs. 2000 Currency Notes
- Travel Least Polluted Cities In India
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
Japanese auto manufacturer, Nissan, has announce that they plan to unveil a sub-compact SUV at the upcoming Auto Expo. Nissan says the new compact SUV is based on the 'Make in India, make for the world' philosophy.
Nissan is launching a compact SUV (the first from the company) with the aim of getting a piece of action from the lucrative and highly competitive passenger car segment.
The compact SUV segment in the country, dominated by Maruti Suzuki, Tata Motors, Hyundai, and Ford Motors will be a tough market for Nissan to work within, but the company is confident of their offering.
Nissan said that they were building on the company's global SUV heritage and advanced technology, and the new SUV will be a feature rich, premium offering, that will arrive with a stylish design, and all the latest technology as part of Nissan Intelligent Mobility.
The company's new compact SUV will be launched in India first, and then will make its way to global markets. Nissan's current portfolio in India includes models the Kicks, the Micra, the Micra Active, the Sunny, the Terrano, and the GT-R.
Nissan has been unable to find commercial success for a while now, and the last mid-segment SUV they launched, the Kicks, did not perform as well the company hoped it would.
Nissan's plans to revitalize its India operations come at the time when its parent company, Nissan Motor Co., Ltd., Japan, is facing pressure regarding its alliance with Renault SA (Nissan's majority shareholder).
The last few weeks saw Mr Carlos Ghosn, the former Chairman of Nissan, arrested for under-reporting his remuneration from the company and using company resources for personal gains. He eventually escaped after his arrest and is currently listed as an international fugitive.
Thoughts About The New Compact SUV Nissan Plans To Unveil At The Auto Expo
Well we hope the SUV turns Nissan's fortunes around. The compact SUV will have to be well crafted, will have to be feature rich, and designed to match the current market trends. As always, pricing will play a massive a massive role in how well this SUV does. We're looking forward to the vehicle though. The image is captivating.