- 1 day ago EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- 1 day ago BMW R 18 Cruiser Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 18.90 Lakh
- 1 day ago Delhi Government Working On Setting Up 200 New EV Charging Stations Across The City Soon
- 2 days ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Arrive In Two Variants
- Technology Week 40, 2020 Launch Roundup: Redmi 9i, LG WING, Moto E7 Plus, Realme 7i, Sony Xperia 5 II And More
- Sports Controversial umpiring decision mars Delhi Capitals' win over Kings XI Punjab in IPL 2020
- Education Schools Reopen In India Latest News, Check State-wise List
- Movies The Kapil Sharma Show: Renuka Shahane Walk Fans Through Her Love Story With Ashutosh Rana
- News Ladakh row: Corps Commander talks on Monday; Army strengthens dominance in over 20 strategic height
- Lifestyle ICW 2020: Amid Pandemic, Rahul Mishra’s Lotus Pond Collection Exudes A Soothing Effect
- Finance Loan Against Mutual Funds: Should You Avail It?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Nissan is gearing up to launch a new compact-SUV called the Magnite in the Indian market. The company has decided to enter the new segment and cater to the growing demand. The Nissan Magnite is expected to arrive sometime early next year.
The company has already unveiled the Magnite concept earlier giving us a glimpse of the design, and a couple of features that are expected with the upcoming compact-SUV. Ahead of its launch, the Magnite has been spotted testing a couple of times.
Latest spy images from Rushlane, reveals a completely camouflaged mule spotted testing in Pune. According to the reports, the company could be carrying out the homologation testing that is required by ARAI.
According to the regulation, all vehicles must complete a certain number of kilometres in testing before it can receive a certificate from ARAI. Once the homologation certificate is issued the vehicles are eligible to go on sale in the market.
The testing for homologation comes nearly at the end of test-phase of a vehicle. This indicates that Magnite could complete its testing-phase soon in the country. The spy images reveal the SUV to be using a couple of devices that are mounted on wheels to gather data while testing as well. However, the car itself is completely camouflage and does not reveal design or features.
Nissan recently released a walkaround video of the Magnite concept discussing its exterior and interior design details and features. Design Manager Takumi Yoneyama explains in the video about the design highlights of the new car — here are more details.
The Nissan Magnite will be using a CMF-A+ platform which is developed in alliance with Renault. As a result, the Magnite when launched will have a close rival from Renault called the Kiger.
The Nissan Magnite features a large front grille with a sleek-looking LED headlamps. It also features an L-shaped LED DRLs, giving the SUV a distinctive front fascia. It also comes with all-around blacked-out body cladding, dual-tone alloy wheels, LED split-taillights, faux skid plates at both ends, roof rails and more.
On the Inside, it features a centrally mounted touchscreen infotainment display that supports Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and could come with the brand's connected technology as well. The air-con vents feature a unique design that compliments the funky and modern looks of the cabin.
Some of the other features include a multifunction steering wheel with mounted controls, climate control system, a factory-fitted sunroof, semi-digital instrument cluster, and could come with a 360-degree camera as well.
Nissan could offer the Magnite with two 1.0-litre engine options. This includes the naturally aspirated unit that currently powers the Renault Triber and an all-new turbo-petrol unit for enhanced performance.
This engine will make its debut with the Magnite and is expected to produce around 95bhp. The turbo engine could be offered with a five-speed manual and CVT transmission options.
Thoughts About The Nissan Magnite Compact-SUV Spied Testing In Pune Ahead Of Launch
The Magnite has a lot riding on its shoulder as it could be the product that is expected to revive sales for Nissan in the market. As a result, we expect the company to pack the compact-SUV with a host of features and help compete against its rivals in the highly competitive segment.