- 1 day ago EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- 1 day ago BMW R 18 Cruiser Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 18.90 Lakh
- 1 day ago Delhi Government Working On Setting Up 200 New EV Charging Stations Across The City Soon
- 2 day ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Arrive In Two Variants
- Sports IPL 2020: DC vs KXIP: Injury blow to Delhi Capitals as Ishant Sharma hurts his back
- News Please don't sign farm bills: Sukhhbir Badal appeals to President
- Movies Palak Tiwari And Vivek Anand Oberoi's First Look From Rosie The Saffron Chapter Gets Unveiled
- Lifestyle ICW 2020: Amit Aggarwal’s Latest Collection Is About Soothing Underwater Hues
- Finance Loan Against Mutual Funds: Should You Avail It?
- Technology Logitech MX Master 3 Review: The Only Wireless Mouse Your Will Ever Need
- Education ICSI Quiz Competition 2020 For Online Current Affairs And General Knowledge
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Nissan recently had the online global unveiling of their upcoming B-SUV Concept, the Magnite. The new Nissan Magnite concept showcases the global design language of the brand going forward, inspired by other successful models in the company's lineup.
The Nissan Magnite has been confirmed to enter the Indian market. The launch will take place sometime in early-2021, with the Magnite being positioned in India's compact-SUV segment. Ahead of its launch, the Magnite has been spied testing multiple times, although under heavy camouflage revealing little to nothing of its production-spec design.
However, fresh images have now surfaced online BeltUrDrive/Instagram page, revealing the front design of the production-spec Magnite SUV. The spy pic reveals the front fascia of the Nissan Magnite, which retains most of the design elements from its concept form, showcased just a few days back.
As seen from the images, the production-spec version of the Nissan Magnite features a similar octagonal front grille to that of the recently introduced Datsun Redi-GO. The compact-SUV also features the sleek-looking LED headlamps at either end.
What is missing though is the L-shaped LED DRLs, which do indicate that the spied SUV is a lower variant, receiving just the chrome inserts on the front bumper. The spy pics though also reveal the silver skid plates at the bottom, along with the air intake just above it as well.
The new Nissan Magnite will be part of the same CMF-A+ platform, which also powers the current Renault Triber MPV, along with the upcoming Kiger SUV. The Magnite SUV from Nissan could also borrow its powertrain from the Triber MPV as well, as part of the Renault-Nissan Alliance.
The powertrain in question is a 1.0-litre three-cylinder petrol engine. It produces 71bhp and 90Nm of peak torque. There could also, however, be a more powerful version 1.0-litre turbo-petrol unit on offer as well.
This turbo-petrol unit is expected to churn out a slightly higher power output of 100bhp and 145Nm of peak torque. Both engine variants will come mated to a six-speed manual with an automatic transmission also on offer.
Thoughts On The Nissan Magnite SUV Front-End Revealed
The Magnite compact-SUV is an extremely important model for Nissan in the Indian market and could potentially be a gamechanger for them. Nissan will be looking at pricing the Magnite competitively to rival the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Hyundai Venue, Ford EcoSport and the soon-to-be-launched Kia Sonet.