- 1 day ago Kawasaki Launches The Ninja ZX-25R In Indonesia: Details & Specifications
- 1 day ago Volkswagen Polo & Vento TSI Limited-Edition Models Removed From The Company Website
- 1 day ago KTM RC 200 Modified With Parts From Autologue Design: Wrapped By Zed One
- 1 day ago Tata Motors Launches Car Safety Accessories: Air Purifiers, Separation Films And More
- Movies Independence Day 2020: 6 Web Series That Will Rekindle Your Passion For India
- Sports England vs West Indies, 1st Test: Holder lauds Gabriel and Blackwood after Windies take series lead
- News Rajasthan crisis: 75 MLAs attended CM Gehlot's meeting
- Finance RIL's New Deal: Qualcomm To Invest Rs 730 Crore In Jio Platforms
- Technology Vivo X50, X50 Pro India Launch Confirmed On July 16: What To Expect
- Lifestyle Radhe Shyam Actress Pooja Hegde Sure Knows How To Make A Yellow Splash With Her Outfits
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In July 2020
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Nissan India was all set to introduce its all-new Magnite SUV in the Indian market in August 2020. The new Nissan Magnite was said to be positioned in the compact-SUV segment, rivalling the likes of the Maruti Vitara Brezza, Hyundai Venue and the upcoming Kia Sonet.
However, Autocar India now reports that the launch of the new compact-SUV has been postponed. The new Nissan Magnite SUV is now scheduled to go on sale in India in January 2021. The postponement of the launch of the compact-SUV is directly linked to the COVID-19 pandemic and the subsequent lockdown.
Reports suggest that the company missed its manufacturing window at the Nissan-Renault plant in Tamil Nadu. The production schedule could not be moved further due to Renault's own compact-SUV also said to be in the works.
Renault India which is also working on introducing a compact-SUV, in the form of the Kiger. The launch of the Renault Kiger will go-ahead as scheduled and the model will go on sale in the Indian market in October this year.
Talking about Nissan, the company has been struggling to improve their footing in the Indian market. Most of the products from the brand have failed to bring them any major success. This automatically makes the upcoming Magnite their most important launch yet. The company cannot afford another failure in the market, hence the decision to postpone the launch was taken.
Reports suggest that Nissan didn't want to risk introducing a new model in the Indian market when the customer sentiments were still low. The postponement of the launch of the Magnite now put further pressure on the Kicks SUV, which is currently the only model from the brand which is on sale in the Indian market.
The 2020 Nissan Kicks BS6 SUV was recently launched in the Indian market. The SUV is offered with a starting price of Rs 9.49 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The new Nissan Kicks now features a brand-new petrol engine, in the form of a 1.3-litre turbo unit. This turbocharged petrol engine is said to produce 154bhp and 254Nm of peak torque; giving it the best-in-segment power figures — here are all the details.
Thoughts On The New Nissan Magnite SUV Launch Timeline
The Nissan Magnite is an extremely important model for the brand in the Indian market. Nissan promises the Magnite with a host of features and equipment combined with stylish design as well.
The Nissan Magnite once launched in India is expected to be priced aggressively as well, starting at around Rs 7.5 lakh range, ex-showroom.