- 8 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Four-Wheeler Segment From Previous Week
- 10 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Two-Wheeler Space From Previous Week
- 24 hrs ago Ather Energy To Enter Delhi Market Soon: The 450X To Be Priced Rs 15,000 Lower
- 1 day ago Independence Day: India’s Five Most Iconic Cars Which Changed The Landscape Of The Auto Industry
- Movies Rhea Chakraborty Summoned Again By ED On Monday After Questioning Her Brother For 18 Hours
- Finance 6 Easy Steps to Check Your CIBIL Score for Free
- News Atmanirbhar: The complete import embargo list of Defence Ministry
- Sports CPL 2020: Leading wicket-takers of Caribbean Premier League, Dwayne Bravo tops the list
- Technology Xiaomi Redmi K30 Ultra, Mi 10 Ultra Anniversary Edition Leaks Online; Launch Set For August 11
- Lifestyle Samantha Akkineni Opts For A Gorgeous Blue Saree For Rana Daggubati’s Wedding
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Odisha In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Nissan has finally unveiled its much-awaited B-SUV Concept, the Magnite globally. The Nissan Magnite is the brand's latest sub-4-metre SUV concept which will make its way to the Indian market sometime in early-2021.
The Magnite has been in the works for quite a while now. The global unveil was scheduled to take place earlier this year, with a launch in India, expected sometime during end-2020. However, amidst the COVID-19 pandemic and the lockdown, these plans had to be delayed.
Nissan has now finally taken the wraps off the Magnite concept SUV. Apart from showcasing the concept itself, the company also confirmed the ‘Magnite' moniker for the upcoming SUV. The Magnite features a pretty aggressive and sporty design theme.
Starting from the front, the SUV features a large front grille, flanked on either side by sleek LED headlamps. The front also features an L-shaped LED DRLs at either end, starting off from the headlamp unit and ending on the front bumper — similar to that on the recently updated Datsun Redi-GO hatchback.
The side profile carries forward the same sporty and aggressive styling. The Magnite comes with flared wheel arches, along with black-cladding adding to the SUV character. The wheels themselves are stylishly designed alloys with a dual-tone finish. The rear profile also features a sleek set of LED taillights as well. However, with this being just the concept, we have to see how much of it will actually make it into the production-spec model.
Rakesh Srivastava, Managing Director, Nissan Motor India, stated:
"The Nissan Magnite is an evolutionary leap in Nissan's global SUV DNA. With cutting-edge technology on board, it will be a game-changer in its segment. A bold offering in the sub-four-meter category, we are confident that Nissan Magnite will redefine the B-SUV segment for the industry. The Nissan Magnite is made on the philosophy of ‘Make in India, Make for the World' and has been designed in Japan while keeping in mind the requirements and aspirations of Indian customers."
Although not confirmed yet, we expect the Nissan Magnite to be powered by a 1.0-litre NA petrol engine producing 71bhp and 94Nm of peak torque. This is the same engine which also powers the Renault Triber MPV. Apart from this, Nissan could also introduce a turbocharged version of the same 1.0-litre petrol engine. This turbo-petrol unit produces 99bhp and 160Nm of peak torque. Transmission options will be in the form of a six-speed manual and CVT automatic gearboxes.
Thoughts On The Nissan Magnite Concept SUV Unveiled Globally
Nissan has globally unveiled its new Magnite compact-SUV concept. The compact-SUV will come to India next year and will rival the likes of the Hyundai Venue, Ford EcoSport and the soon-to-be-launched Kia Sonet.