- 1 hr ago New Kawasaki Ninja 300 BS6 India Launch Timeline Revealed: Will Rival The TVS Apache RR310
- 1 hr ago Ather 450X Series1 Deliveries To Start Soon In Pune, Hyderabad & Ahemdabad
- 2 hrs ago 2021 Audi R8 Panther Edition Unveiled Internationally: A Special Model Limited To Just 30 Units
- 3 hrs ago Ford Cars Midnight Surprise Campaign Introduced In India: Here Are All Details
- Technology Reliance Jio Might Launch 4G Smartphone In Q1 2021: Report
- Movies Arshad Warsi Aka Circuit On Munna Bhai 3: I Don't Think It's Going To Work, Raju Is Busy With Other Things
- Finance Nifty, Sensex End Firm On RBI's MPC Decision
- News Comments by Trudeau on farmer protests will damage ties says MEA after summoning high commissioner
- Sports BBL 2020-21 | Brisbane Heat spinner Mujeeb ur Rahman tests positive for Covid 19
- Lifestyle Samantha Akkineni Flaunts Her Style In Deconstructed Jumpsuit; You’ll Be Surprised To Know Its Price!
- Education Amazon Jobs: Amazon On a Hiring Spree Engaging More Than 1.2 Million People, Recruiting 2,800 Workers On A Daily Basis
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In December
Nissan is all set to introduce its all-new compact-SUV, the Magnite in India sometime soon. Ahead of its launch in the country, unofficial bookings for the Nissan Magnite is now said to have started.
According to our sources, certain Nissan dealerships across the country have begun accepting bookings for the Magnite SUV.
Bookings for the Nissan Magnite at these dealerships can be made for an amount of Rs 25,000. With unofficial bookings having begun, this does raise expectations that the Magnite could go on sale sometime next month.
The Nissan Magnite is the brand's all-new model, designed for the Indian market. The Magnite SUV will first be introduced in India, before going on sale in other international markets at a later stage. The Magnite comes with a host of features and technology, while also carrying forward the brand's new design language.
The Nissan Magnite once introduced in India, will be available in a range of four variants: XE,XL, XV and XV Premium. While Nissan is yet to officially announce the prices for the sub-4 metre compact-SUV, previous leaked images do mention it to start from Rs 5.50 lakh, ex-showroom — here is the entire unofficial variant-wise price list.
What Nissan has confirmed though is the engine and transmission options. The new Nissan Magnite once launched in India will be offered with a choice of two engines: 1.0-litre naturally-aspirated petrol and a 1.0-litre turbocharged petrol unit.
The 1.0-litre NA petrol produces 70bhp and 96Nm of peak torque, mated to a five-speed manual gearbox. The more powerful turbo-petrol engine churns out 99bhp and 162Nm of peak torque when mated to a manual gearbox. The same engine produces 150Nm of torque when paired with the CVT automatic transmission.
The Nissan Magnite will be positioned in the highly-competitive compact-SUV segment. It will rival the likes of the Hyundai Venue, Kia Sonet, Ford EcoSport and the likes. If the pricing as mentioned above is true, then the Magnite will become the most affordable offering in the segment, undercutting all its competitors.
Thoughts On the Nissan Magnite Bookings Open At Dealer-Level
The Nissan Magnite already seems to have created quite a positive hype around it, even before its introduction in the market. This is a good sign for the Japanese brand, which has been struggling in India recently.