- 12 hrs ago Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- 14 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 15 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 1 day ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 Weekend Ka Vaar January 17 Highlights: Salman Khan Reveals No One Will Be Eliminated This Week
- Sports Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United: Stalemate keeps Red Devils top of Premier League
- News Parliament panel summons Facebook and Twitter officials on Jan 21
- Technology Motorola Nio Design Tipped Via Leaked Hand-On Images; To Flaunt Dual-Slefie Camera Module
- Lifestyle 28 Best Foods To Lower Cholesterol
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
Nissan India has announced that the prices for all cars sold under the Nissan and the Datsun brand will be increased. The prices will be increased by 5 per cent and will be effective from January 1, 2021.
The price increase will affect all cars sold in both brands such as the Nissan Kicks and the Magnite. Models from Datsun include the Redi-GO, GO and the GO+. The amount of the price hike will vary depending and the variant.
According to Nissan, the increase in pricing is due to the rise in input and manufacturing costs. There has also been a substantial increase in logistics costs, which has also influenced the price increase decision.
Commenting on the price increase, Mr Rakesh Srivastava, Managing Director, Nissan Motor India Pvt Ltd, said, "With the launch of the all-new Nissan Magnite, Nissan has reiterated its commitment to offer innovative and exciting products under the Nissan brand.
Nissan aims to offer the best value proposition to its customers in India. In the current challenging market conditions, we are constrained to increase the price of all Nissan and Datsun models due to increased costs. The proposed price increase will be effective from January 2021."
Under the Nissan brand, the company offers two SUV models catering to various segments in the Indian market. The Nissan Kicks with its newly launched 1.3-litre turbo-petrol engine delivers the segment-best performance.
On the other hand, the recently launched Nissan Magnite is the most affordable compact-SUV available in the country starting at 4.99 lakh, ex-showroom (India). The company had mentioned earlier that it will be introductory pricing, which will end on December 31, 2020.
Moving to the Datsun line-up, the company's entry-level offering the Redi-GO is available in two engine options. The Redi-GO hatchback is the second cheapest AMT automatic car available in the country.
However, the Datsun GO takes the top spot for being the most affordable model sold with a superior CVT transmission in the county. The GO rivals such as the Tata Tiago, the Hyundai Grand i10 and the Maruti Suzuki WagonR are offered with only an AMT transmission.
Coming to the Datsun's flagship model, the GO+, it is compact-MPV that can accommodate a total of six passengers plus the driver. The GO+ is also offered with a CVT automatic for superior performance as compared to its primary rival, the Renualt Triber.
Thoughts About The Nissan & Datsun Cars Prices Increased Announced In India
Nissan has joined the long list of manufacturers, who have announced a price hike starting next year. The company has decided to increase the price due to the rising input costs in recent times. Despite the price increase, a few of the models from Nissan and Datsun will remain the most affordable cars sold in the country in its respective segments.