- 11 hrs ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Deliveries Begin During Navaratri Across India
- 13 hrs ago New Royal Enfield Riding Jackets Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 4,950
- 15 hrs ago Andhra Pradesh State Civil Supplies Corporation Orders 6413 Units Of The Tata Ace Gold
- 1 day ago BGauss Inaugurates Its First Showroom In Maharashtra: Read More To Find Out
- News Bihar Elections 2020: Janata Dal Rashtrawadi candidate shot dead, 2 arrested
- Movies Gauahar Khan Wishes Rumoured BF Zaid Darbar With A Sweet Birthday Post, Calls Him ‘The Bestest’
- Lifestyle Durga Puja 2020: Know What Is Durga Balidan And Its SIgnificance
- Sports MotoGP 2020: Nakagami clinches maiden pole at Teruel Grand Prix
- Finance After Failed Delisting, Vedanta Board Approves Interim Dividend
- Technology Realme 100W Soundbar Review: Powerful And Immersive Audio On Budget
- Education CTET Score Validity: NCTE Extends Validity of CTET Score Card To Lifetime
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In November
Tata Motors is looking to launch a series of new vehicles in the India market. These include new variants of its existing models and all-new models such as the Timero and Gravitas; among others.
Latest spy video from SP Auto Tech Talks, reveals a partially camouflaged mule of the brand's Tiago hatchback. Based on the all-around body claddings, blacked-out roof rails and wheels, we suspect it to be an updated version of the Tiago NRG variant.
The company first launched the NRG variant of the hatchback back in 2018. It was termed as a crossover variant of the standard hatchback as it features an imposing all-around body cladding along with a few other cosmetic changes.
Other features include a blacked-out grille a unique wheel arch design a huge cladding paced across the length of the boot-lid, rugged skid plate, 14-inch dual-tone alloy wheels and blacked-out roof adding to the butch look of the crossover.
Apart from all the cosmetic additions, the company had increased the ground clearance of the NRG variant to 180mm. However, the overall silhouette of the Tiago NRG edition remained unchanged to that of the standard Tiago hatchback.
On the inside, Tata Motors had tweaked the cabin to match the aggressive exterior of the NRG edition. This includes a black theme with vibrant orange highlights across the cabin, new seats with body-hugging bolsters that featured a unique denim-inspired fabric.
Apart from these changes, the hatchback continued to borrow other equipment from the standard model. This includes a touchscreen infotainment system, a semi-digital instrument cluster, multifunction steering wheel and more.
The Tata Tiago NRG also came equipped with standard safety features such as dual front airbags, ABS, EBD, corner stability control, reverse parking assist, driver seat belt reminder, armoured body and cabin, smart rear wiper and follow-me headlamps.
Since then the standard Tiago has undergone a host of updates from the brand including a bigger infotainment system, a fully digital instrument cluster and climate control; among others. All of which is expected to make its way on the updated 2020 Tiago NRG edition as well.
After the BS6 update, the Tigo is sold with a single petrol engine option. The 1.2-litre, three-cylinder naturally aspirated engine produces 85bhp and 113Nm of peak torque. The engine is offered with either a five-speed manual or a five-speed AMT unit.
The Tata Tiago is currently the brand's entry-level model and retails at between Rs 4.69 lakh and 6.73 lakh, ex-showroom (India). The upcoming Tiago NRG could be price above the top-spec model of the hatchback.
Thoughts About New Tata Tiago NRG Variant Spotted Testing Ahead Of Launch
Tata Motors is looking to introduce a host of new models and variants in the Indian market. It will help boost sales for the brand and also give a breath of relief for dealerships during the ongoing festive season. The Tiago NRG is a crossover hatchback that caters to a very niche market in India, as seen from sales figures in previous years.