- 3 hrs ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Deliveries Begin During Navaratri Across India
- 5 hrs ago New Royal Enfield Riding Jackets Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 4,950
- 6 hrs ago Andhra Pradesh State Civil Supplies Corporation Orders 6413 Units Of The Tata Ace Gold
- 22 hrs ago BGauss Inaugurates Its First Showroom In Maharashtra: Read More To Find Out
- Technology Flipkart Big Diwali Sale On Smartphones And Other Electronics Gadgets
- Movies Rajkummar Rao Had Auditioned For Boogie Woogie, But Got Rejected
- Lifestyle Durga Ashtami 2020: Tanishaa Mukerji Wins Us With Her Simple Saree Look; Perfect For Festive Events
- News UK man faces hard time as his name ends with 'Korona'
- Finance 5 Things A Freelancer Must Consider While Filing IT Return
- Education CTET Score Validity: NCTE Extends Validity of CTET Score Card To Lifetime
- Sports Virat Kohli is the most complete batsman of this era, says awe struck Joe Root
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In November
The Skoda Octavia has been a popular sedan model in the Indian market. After the implementation of BS6 emission norms, the sedan was temporarily discontinued in the country. However, the company has confirmed that it will be launching the new-gen Octavia sometime early next year.
Ahead of its launch, the 2021 Skoda Octavia has been spotted testing in the outskirts of Pune. Spy images from Cardekho reveal a mule testing without any camouflage showcasing its new and aggressive-looking exterior.
The new Skoda Octavia features new sleek-looking LED headlamps and could feature optional Matrix LED technology. The redesigned grille is now wider and shaper as compared to the old-gen model.
It also features horizontal LED fog lamps on either side along with a thin chrome strip connecting both units. The newly shaped bonnet also gives the new-gen sedan an aggressive stance at the front.
At the rear, the new Octavia undergoes complete design revision with a new sharper-looking boot lid and bold Skoda lettering that spreads across the length of the boot. It also features new split-LED tail lamps and a sculpted bumper with two reflectors placed on either side at the bottom.
Looking from the side of the new-gen Octavia, the silhouette of the sedan looks muscular yet elegant. This is because of the aggressive and bold shoulder line that connects the headlamps and tail lamps along with a chrome-finished window line that gives the new Octavia a premium look.
On the inside, the 2020 Octavia features an all-new cabin. It features a two-spoke steering wheel with mounted controls for audio and other functions. The new instrument cluster now features a 10.25-inch display, while the infotainment could range between 8.25-inch and 10-inch screens depending on the variant as seen on international-spec models.
Other features on the 2020 Octavia includes Trizone Climatronic, optional keyless vehicle entry system, electric parking brake, a Canton sound system, five USB-C ports, and an optional head-up display feature, which is a first in Skoda vehicles.
The new-gen Octavia is already on sale in international markets and is offered in two engine options: the 1.5-litre and 2.0-litre TSI engines. Both engines could make it to the India-spec model, with lower-spec engine offer with entry-level trims.
The 1.5-litre TSI, four-cylinder, petrol engine produces a maximum of 148bhp and a peak torque of 250Nm of torque and comes mated to a six-speed manual gearbox. While the top-spec 2.0-litre TSI engine churns out 190bhp and 320Nm of torque and comes mated to a seven-speed DSG automatic transmission unit as standard.
Thoughts About The 2021 Skoda Octavia Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch Next Year In India
The new-generation Skoda Octavia features a premium and upmarket feel inside and out. The sedan looks more aggressive than the previous-gen model. Once launched, the new Skoda Octavia will rival the Honda Civic and the Hyundai Elantra in the Indian market.