- 11 hrs ago New Tata Safari Unveiled Ahead Of Launch: Here Are All Details
- 20 hrs ago KTM Adventure Trails Riding Programme Launched In 10 Cities: Here Are All Details
- 1 day ago 2021 Benelli TRK 502 Spotted Arriving At Dealerships In India: Launching Soon?
- 1 day ago Nissan Magnite Deliveries Cross Over 720 Units Across India: Announced Serice Campaign
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 January 26 Highlights: Aly And Abhinav Have An Argument During Task; Rakhi-Rubina Lock Horns
- Sports Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy: Tamil Nadu ride of Aparajith, Shahrukh Khan blitzkrieg
- News Republic Day like no other: Here's how the events unfolded
- Technology FAU-G Goes Official In India: Here Are The Details
- Lifestyle Kareena Kapoor Khan’s Pregnancy Glow Is Unmissable, As She Performs Yoga Flaunting Her Baby Bump
- Finance 5 Stock Picks Ahead Of The Budget From HDFC Securities
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In January 2021
- Education MHT CET 2020 Round II Seat Allotment Result for B. Tech, B. Pharma To Be Out Today
Renault has released a teaser video online of what could be the new concept version of its upcoming Kiger SUV. The new Renault Kiger is said to be the French carmaker's next model in the Indian market.
While the teaser doesn't reveal much details, it does give a hint of being the teaser to the concept version of the Kiger, also codenamed HBC. The Renault Kiger will be the brand's all-new sub-4 metre compact-SUV offering once introduced in the Indian market.
The new Renault Kiger will be based on the brand's CMF-A+ platform, which already underpins the popular Triber MPV. With the release of the teaser, we expect Renault to unveil the concept version of their upcoming SUV soon. The company could even take the opportunity to conform the 'Kiger' name for the SUV, which till now is still under speculation.
The Renault Kiger has been spotted testing multiple times on Indian streets. The compact-SUV offering is said to go on sale sometime after the introduction of its cousin, the Nissan Magnite. The new Kiger SUV is also expected to borrow its powertrain from the Magnite, meaning it too will be powered by the same two petrol engine options.
To reiterate, this comes in the form of a 1.0-litre naturally-aspirated petrol unit and a 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine. Both engine options will come mated to a standard manual gearbox, with the higher-spec 1.0-litre turbo-petrol unit receiving the optional CVT transmission as well.
In terms of design, the new Renault Kiger is expected to offer a host of modern features, equipment and technology. Some of these include LED headlamps with LED DRLs, fog lamps, LED tail lights, electric sunroof, electrically-adjustable & foldable ORVMs, stylish alloy wheels, roof spoiler and much more.
The interiors of the new Renault Kiger is also expected to offer a host of features, equipment and technology. This will include a large touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, automatic climate control, steering-mounted controls and many others.
Thoughts On The Renault Kiger Compact-SUV Teased
The Renault Kiger was initially scheduled to go on sale earlier this year, however, the lockdown did disrupt its plans. Once launched in the Indian market, the new Renault Kiger compact-SUV will rival the likes of the Hyundai Venue, Ford EcoSport, Kia Sonet and Tata Nexon; among others.