- 1 hr ago TVS Apache RTR 200 Single-Channel ABS Variant Launched With Ride Modes: Prices Start At Rs 1.28 Lakh
- 1 hr ago Omega Seiki Mobility Inaugurates Its First Dealership In Delhi: Here Are All Details
- 3 hrs ago TVS Eurogrip Launches 11 New Tyres In India Catering To Two & Three Wheelers Segment
- 18 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Sales Cross 6 Lakh Units Mark In 5 Years: Here Are All Details
- News TMC candidate list 2021: Emphasis likely to be more on women candidates
- Technology JioOS Explained: Is It A Threat To iOS?
- Sports India vs England 4th Test: Virat Kohli gets dismissed for duck for 12th occasion, claims unwanted record
- Movies Shraddha Kapoor Gets Emotional At Cousin Priyaank's Haldi Ceremony; Also See Pics From Beach Party
- Lifestyle Pink, Red, Or Green, Which Saree Of Tamannaah Bhatia Did You Like The Most?
- Finance PNB Housing Finance Inks Agreement With Yes Bank For Co-Lending
- Education Explore List Of Indian Universities In QS World University Ranking By Subject 2021
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In March
The 2020 Renault Captur has been unveiled in the Russian market. The new model is expected to make its way into the Indian market sometime during this year. The 2020 Captur features few changes to the interior and exterior of the SUV and a new engine as well.
Speaking about the changes made to the 2020 Captur, the exteriors of the SUV comes with few cosmetic changes. These include a new chrome grille, new alloy wheels, and a new dual-tone paint scheme. However, the overall silhouette of the SUV has been carried forward on the facelifted model.
The interiors of the Captur receives a substantial upgrade over the pre-facelift model. These include a new three-spoke steering wheel design, an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and the brand's connected technology.
Other features include a gloss-black central panel, a premium Bose audio system, and ambient mood lighting with eight different colours to choose from. The interiors of the new Capture are upgraded in terms of quality and ergonomics to offer an airy and premium feel to the cabin.
The new Renault Captur has also been updated in terms of safety. The upgrades include a new 360-degree camera system for improved visibility, with a blind-spot monitoring function. It will continue to come equipped with other features such as multiple airbags, ABS and EBD, high-speed alert; among others.
The new Russian-Spec Captur features an all-new M0+ platform which underpins the other SUVs sold in their market. However, the India-spec model is not expected to feature any changes with its platform. It will continue to use the brand's M0 platform, which also underpins the most Renault-Nissan model in the Indian market including the Duster and the Kicks.
Talking about the powertrains, the Russian-spec model is offered with two engine options: a 1.6-litre petrol engine that produces 113bhp, and 1.3-litre turbo-petrol unit producing 154bhp, and comes mated to a CVT transmission with power sent to all four wheels.
However, the India-spec Captur will be offered with a pair of BS6 compliant petrol engines that powers the Nissan Kicks in the Indian market. A naturally-aspirated 1.5-litre petrol engine that produces 105bhp and 142Nm of torque, and a much powerful 1.3-litre turbo-petrol engine producing 154bhp and 254Nm of torque. Both engines will come mated to a five-speed manual gearbox as standard with an optional CVT offered on the 1.3-litre unit.
Once launched, the Renault Captur will rival the Nissan Kicks, the Hyundai Creta and the Kia Seltos; among others in the Indian market. The new Captur is also expected to see a slight increase in its pricing as compared to its BS4 counterparts.
Thoughts About The New Renault Captur Unveiled In The Russian Market
Renault launching the new Captur in the Russian market indicates that the launch in India could happen soon. However, the Captur is placed in a highly competitive segment in the Indian market, with rivals offering more powertrain options and additional features.