- 10 hrs ago Yamaha Announces Special Finance Scheme For COVID-19 Frontline Warriors
- 10 hrs ago Ducati Panigale V2 India Launch Confirmed For August: Details And Expected Price
- 11 hrs ago Kia Motors Sells Over 50,000 Connected Cars In India: New UVO Connect Features Introduced
- 11 hrs ago Suzuki Gixxer, Gixxer SF, And Gixxer MotoGP Edition Prices Increased: Details
- News 89 apps apps banned by Indian Army includes Facebook, TikTok, Tinder, PUBG; Check full list
- Finance Gold Hits All Time High Of Rs. 49,348 Per 10 Gm: 5 Reasons For Sharp Spike So Far
- Movies Payal Rohatgi Blames Liberals & Extremists For Her Twitter Account Suspension, Seeks Help From Fans
- Sports Alexander Zverev teams up with David Ferrer as coach
- Technology Realme C11 India Launch Teased; Here Are The Details
- Lifestyle National Cleft And Craniofacial Awareness and Prevention Month: What Is Cleft Lip And Palate?
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
- Travel Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In North India In July 2020
The 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLA India launch timeline has been revealed. The upcoming GLA will be an entry-level SUV for the brand when launched during October this year, and will feature a host of changes as compared to the older-gen model.
According to TeamBHP, the 2020 Mercedes-Benz is expected to be priced around Rs 43 lakh once launched in India. The second-generation GLA made its India debut at the 2020 Auto Expo, and it was slated to be launched much earlier. However, the launch has been pushed back as all the production was halted due to the on-going Covid-19 outbreak and the subsequent lockdown announced in the country.
The new Mercedes-Benz GLA is expected to be offered with two variants, initially. This includes the ‘220d' powered by a 2.0-litre diesel engine producing 189bhp, and the ‘200' variant powered by a 1.3-litre turbo-petrol motor producing 162bhp. The company could consider the all-mighty ‘GLA 35' AMG variant for the Indian market at a later date.
The new-gen Mercedes-Benz GLA retains its silhouette, but it has grown in size. The next-gen GLA features a more upright stance with bold and muscular looks on the outside. It also features redesigned LED headlamps, tail lamps and a host of other changes as well.
On the inside, the upcoming GLA has been revised with a host of additional features including the brand's MBUX connected technology. Other changes include an all-new cabin with a large single unit display. The display has been split to accommodate the instrument cluster and the infotainment system that supports Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. Additionally, It will feature wireless charging, a multifunctional steering wheel, a panoramic sunroof, and Mercedes' Pre-Safe safety package, among a host of other features.
In related news, Mercedes-Benz has teased the S-Class luxury sedan ahead of its global launch. The next-generation S-Class luxury-sedan is expected to launch by next year in the Indian market.
The new-gen S-Class will feature few design changes inside and out including an all-new large waterfall-type infotainment screen on the dashboard. It is also expected to be offered with a host of powertrain options — here are more details.
Thoughts About The New Mercedes-Benz GLA Scheduled For India Launch During October
The upcoming A-Class sedan and the new-gen GLA crossover are the brand's entry-level models in its Indian line-up. With the launch of new entry-level models, the company aims to drive more volumes and win back sales, which it has lost after the discontinuation of the GLA model earlier this year.