- 1 min ago Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo: Are Dealers Installing New Touchscreens?
- 52 min ago TVS Motor Extends Warranty And Free Service Period A Second Time: Details
- 1 hr ago Ducati Multistrada 950 Gets A White Colour Scheme: India Launch Soon
- 2 hrs ago Mercedes-Benz S-Class 2021 Models To Feature 12.8-Inch Touchscreen Infotainment System: Details
- News From Bollywood-style arrest to Kanpur encounter: How the events unfolded
- Technology Samsung Might Not Bundle Charger With Smartphones From 2021
- Movies Jaaved Jaaferi's Emotional Message For Fans Post Father Jagdeep's Demise: Thank You For Your Love
- Sports Prithvi Shaw special talent but needs to be more disciplined off the field: Wasim Jaffer
- Finance Mutual Fund Interest Is Slowing And It’s Worrisome
- Lifestyle Shraddha Kapoor’s Statement Dresses Are Perfect For OOTD-worthy Moments
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In July 2020
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Mercedes-Benz has confirmed the launch of their 2020 AMG GT-R in the Indian market. The 2020 Mercedes-AMG GT-R is scheduled to go on sale in the country from the 27th of May. The new AMG GT-R will come with a host of subtle updates, both to its exterior and interior cabin.
The 2020 Mercedes-AMG GT-R will feature a refreshed set of headlamps, updated bumper design with canards on either side and a number of aerodynamic design updates as well. The 2020 Mercedes-AMG GT-R is also said to be lighter than the previous model.
Apart from the minor changes, the 2020 Mercedes-AMG GT-R continues to carry forward all the features and equipment from the previous model. This includes the Panamericana grille upfront, 20-inch dual-tone alloy wheels, LED headlamps all around and a host of others as well.
The cabin of the Mercedes-AMG GT-R will also carry forward all the same features and equipment. Although it will receive minor changes and revisions as part of the 2020 update. Some of the features include a virtual cockpit, large touchscreen infotainment system with connected technology, premium interior upholstery and a bunch of other updates.
The 2020 AMG GT-R continues to be powered by the same 4.0-litre bi-turbo V8 engine. It produces 577bhp and 700Nm of peak torque, mated to a nine-speed automatic gearbox. The new GT-R weighs in at just a little over 1,650kg and is capable of reaching a top speed of 317km/h; while a 0 - 100km/h sprint takes just 3.6 seconds.
The Mercedes-AMG GT-R was previously available in India, back in 2017. The German luxury carmaker will be re-introducing the model yet again in the Indian market. Mercedes-Benz will be launching the AMG GT-R alongside its C 63 Coupe offering in the Indian market. Both models will be imported into the country via the CBU (Completely Built Unit) route.
Thoughts On The 2020 Mercedes-AMG GT-R India Launch Details
The 2020 Mercedes-AMG GT-R is easily the brand's fastest production car on sale in the Indian market. We expect the new (2020) AMG GT-R to be priced in the range of around Rs 2.5 crore, ex-showroom. Once launched in India, the Mercedes-AMG GT-R will rival the likes of the Porsche 911 series.