- 1 day ago EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- 1 day ago BMW R 18 Cruiser Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 18.90 Lakh
- 1 day ago Delhi Government Working On Setting Up 200 New EV Charging Stations Across The City Soon
- 2 days ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Arrive In Two Variants
- Technology Week 40, 2020 Launch Roundup: Redmi 9i, LG WING, Moto E7 Plus, Realme 7i, Sony Xperia 5 II And More
- Sports Controversial umpiring decision mars Delhi Capitals' win over Kings XI Punjab in IPL 2020
- Education Schools Reopen In India Latest News, Check State-wise List
- Movies The Kapil Sharma Show: Renuka Shahane Walk Fans Through Her Love Story With Ashutosh Rana
- News Ladakh row: Corps Commander talks on Monday; Army strengthens dominance in over 20 strategic height
- Lifestyle ICW 2020: Amid Pandemic, Rahul Mishra’s Lotus Pond Collection Exudes A Soothing Effect
- Finance Loan Against Mutual Funds: Should You Avail It?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Maruti Suzuki is currently working on the next-generation model of its popular Celerio hatchback. The upcoming hatchback will feature a host of changes inside and out over the previous-gen Celerio model.
The company is expected to launch the next-generation Celerio sometime this year. Ahead of its launch, the new hatchback has been spotted testing in the country. Spy images from AutoX, reveals a completely camouflaged mule testing revealing some of the features of the upcoming hatchback.
The new-gen Celerio hatchback seems to have grown in dimensions as compared to the outgoing model. It looks like the hatchback has been given a crossover stance with improved ground clearance as well.
The next-generation hatchback is also expected to undergo complete design revision inside and out. Exterior changes could include projector headlamps with integrated LED DRLs, newly designed alloy wheels, new LED tail lamps, redesigned bumpers at both ends and more.
On the inside, the new hatchback will feature the brand's latest iteration of SmartPlay Studio touchscreen infotainment system, a semi-digital instrument cluster, a multifunction steering wheel with mounted controls, climate control, dual-tone upholstery and more.
Maruti Suzuki will also equip the next-gen Celerio with a host of safety features as standard. This includes multiple airbags, ABS with EBD, seatbelt reminder, ISOFIX child seat anchors, a reverse parking sensor with a camera, speed alert and more.
2021 Celerio will be utilizing the brand's Heartect platform that is already being used by other models in the line-up. This includes the S-Presso, Ignis, Wagon R, Dzire, Swift, Baleno, S-Cross, Ertiga and the XL6.
According to the company, the Heartect platform offers improved safety, better fuel efficiency, and enhanced driving dynamics. The second-gen Celerio is expected to feature a longer wheelbase than the outgoing model. This result is improved cabin space, especially for rear-seat occupants.
The engine on the new-gen Celerio will remain unchanged. It will be powered by the same K10B petrol engine that produces a maximum of 68bhp at 6000rpm and a peak torque of 90Nm at 3500rpm. It comes mated to either a five-speed manual or five-speed AMT.
Maruti Suzuki will also offer the Celerio with a factory-fitted CNG kit for better fuel efficiency. The CNG models are part of the brand's green mile initiative, which aims to reduce pollution by selling more CNG cars in the country.
Thoughts About The Next-Generation Maruti Suzuki Celerio Hatchback Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch In India
The Celerio hatchback has been on sale since 2014 and is need of a major update to help compete against its segment rivals. The next-gen hatchback will offer more features, and space giving it an upmarket feel. Once launched, the new Celerio will continue to rival the Tata Tiago, Hyundai Santro, and the Renault Kwid; among others in the Indian market.