- 3 hrs ago Tata Gravitas Interiors Revealed While Testing Again Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 4 hrs ago Ford EcoSport Price Hike Announced In India: Receives Marginal Increase
- 4 hrs ago Demand For Kids Helmet On The Rise In Bangalore: Here’s Why!
- 6 hrs ago New Hyundai i20 Mileage Figures Revealed: Which Is The Most Fuel-Efficient Variant?
- Finance Rupee Closes At 2-Month Low Against The US Dollar
- Technology Flipkart Big Diwali Sale: Upto 50% Off On Laptops And Desktops
- Movies Renuka Shahane Remembers Reema Lagoo With HAHK Meme; Says 'She Would Have Loved This'
- News Explained: What does Indian Army’s latest software Infrastructure Management System do
- Lifestyle Genelia Deshmukh’s Red Printed Pantsuit Is What You Must Add To Your Office Wardrobe Right Away!
- Sports Alfa Romeo to remain on Formula One grid for 2021
- Travel 10 Best Places To visit In Odisha In November
- Education TN 11th Supplementary Result 2020: Check TN HSE +1 Plus One Result 2020
Maruti Suzuki is currently working on the next-generation model of its popular Celerio hatchback. The upcoming hatchback will feature a host of changes inside and out over the previous-gen Celerio model.
The company is expected to launch the next-generation Celerio sometime this year. Ahead of its launch, the new hatchback has been spotted testing in the country. Spy images from AutoX, reveals a completely camouflaged mule testing revealing some of the features of the upcoming hatchback.
The new-gen Celerio hatchback seems to have grown in dimensions as compared to the outgoing model. It looks like the hatchback has been given a crossover stance with improved ground clearance as well.
The next-generation hatchback is also expected to undergo complete design revision inside and out. Exterior changes could include projector headlamps with integrated LED DRLs, newly designed alloy wheels, new LED tail lamps, redesigned bumpers at both ends and more.
On the inside, the new hatchback will feature the brand's latest iteration of SmartPlay Studio touchscreen infotainment system, a semi-digital instrument cluster, a multifunction steering wheel with mounted controls, climate control, dual-tone upholstery and more.
Maruti Suzuki will also equip the next-gen Celerio with a host of safety features as standard. This includes multiple airbags, ABS with EBD, seatbelt reminder, ISOFIX child seat anchors, a reverse parking sensor with a camera, speed alert and more.
2021 Celerio will be utilizing the brand's Heartect platform that is already being used by other models in the line-up. This includes the S-Presso, Ignis, Wagon R, Dzire, Swift, Baleno, S-Cross, Ertiga and the XL6.
According to the company, the Heartect platform offers improved safety, better fuel efficiency, and enhanced driving dynamics. The second-gen Celerio is expected to feature a longer wheelbase than the outgoing model. This result is improved cabin space, especially for rear-seat occupants.
The engine on the new-gen Celerio will remain unchanged. It will be powered by the same K10B petrol engine that produces a maximum of 68bhp at 6000rpm and a peak torque of 90Nm at 3500rpm. It comes mated to either a five-speed manual or five-speed AMT.
Maruti Suzuki will also offer the Celerio with a factory-fitted CNG kit for better fuel efficiency. The CNG models are part of the brand's green mile initiative, which aims to reduce pollution by selling more CNG cars in the country.
Thoughts About The Next-Generation Maruti Suzuki Celerio Hatchback Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch In India
The Celerio hatchback has been on sale since 2014 and is need of a major update to help compete against its segment rivals. The next-gen hatchback will offer more features, and space giving it an upmarket feel. Once launched, the new Celerio will continue to rival the Tata Tiago, Hyundai Santro, and the Renault Kwid; among others in the Indian market.