- 10 hrs ago Suzuki Access 125 & Burgman Street BS6 Scooters Prices Hiked: Here Is The New Price List
- 10 hrs ago 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE 450 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 88.80 Lakh
- 13 hrs ago BMW Motorrad Dealerships Reopens: Resumes Retail Operations After Lockdown Eased
- 14 hrs ago Hyundai Creta Sales Beats Maruti Suzuki For The First Time: New Best-Selling Car In May 2020
- Technology Buying Guide: Best Budget Smartphones Available In India In June 2020
- Movies Shraddha Kapoor And Athiya Shetty Express Fury Over Killing Of Pregnant Elephant With Firecrackers
- News Cyclone Nisarga: Mumbai on alert; 110 KPH winds, 6 feet waves expected
- Sports Root could miss first Test of behind-closed-doors Windies series
- Finance Reliance Industries Rights Issue Becomes World's Biggest By Non-Finance Co In 10 Years
- Lifestyle Are There Any Harmful Effects Of Staying Indoors On Your Skin?
- Travel Post Lockdown Travel List: Hotspots In Spain
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Maruti Suzuki — India's largest car manufacturer is said to be working on the development of a brand-new SUV for the Indian market. According to ET Auto, the new Maruti SUV will be positioned in the mid-size segment, rivalling the likes of the Hyundai Creta and the Kia Seltos.
The development of the all-new SUV will be handled by the Maruti Suzuki and Toyota partnership. The new mid-size SUV will be based on the same architecture as the Vitara Brezza and is expected to go on sale in the country sometime in 2022.
Maruti Suzuki has a wide range of products on offer. Apart from a mid-size SUV, the company offers at least one model in every segment of the Indian car market. The new Maruti Suzuki SUV once introduced will be positioned above the Vitara Brezza in the brand's product lineup.
The move to introduce a large mid-size SUV is due to the shift in customer preferences towards SUVs. The Utility Vehicle segment in India has become so important that it is set to overtake the hatchback segment by 2020.
Apart from the all-new mid-size SUV, Maruti Suzuki is also said to be working on a brand new MPV as well. The new MPV will, however, be introduced at a slightly later stage in 2023. Both the upcoming SUV and MPV models will be manufactured at the Toyota facility in Bidadi, Karnataka.
Toyota will also introduce their own iteration of the new SUV and MPV offerings as well. These new models will feature different characteristics, design and features to help differentiate between the two brands.
However, both the SUV and MPV models from Maruti Suzuki are still a long way off. The plans for the SUV are still in its early development stages, with a couple of years left before it enters production. Although, once introduced in the Indian market, expect the new mid-size SUV from Maruti Suzuki to be priced in the same range as its competitors.
Thoughts On The New Maruti SUV Under Development
The mid-size SUV space has been growing at a rapid pace in the country. New products such as the Kia Seltos, MG Hector and even the new Hyundai Creta are witnessing massive volume sales from the segment, something Maruti Suzuki is missing out on.