- 15 min ago Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo: Are Dealers Installing New Touchscreens?
- 1 hr ago TVS Motor Extends Warranty And Free Service Period A Second Time: Details
- 1 hr ago Ducati Multistrada 950 Gets A White Colour Scheme: India Launch Soon
- 2 hrs ago Mercedes-Benz S-Class 2021 Models To Feature 12.8-Inch Touchscreen Infotainment System: Details
- Finance People's Bank Of China Divest Stake In HDFC In June Qtr
- News The rise and fall of History-sheeter Vikas Dubey: 62 criminal cases, including 5 murder
- Sports Lockdown days: Sharmila Devi wants to make a difference to Team India once hockey resumes
- Technology Samsung Might Not Bundle Charger With Smartphones From 2021
- Movies Jaaved Jaaferi's Emotional Message For Fans Post Father Jagdeep's Demise: Thank You For Your Love
- Lifestyle Juvenile Rheumatoid Idiopathic Arthritis: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In July 2020
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Maruti Suzuki has restarted both production and dealership operations in the Indian market, post the lockdown relaxations by the government. The company is now getting back into the business and is all set to introduce the BS6-compliant S-Cross in India.
Maruti had recently released a set of teasers of the upcoming S-Cross in the Indian market. The 2020 Maruti S-Cross will continue to be sold through the brand's premium NEXA dealerships across the country.
Ahead of its launch, Zigwheels has revealed a host of information about the upcoming S-Cross petrol model. To start off, the 2020 Maruti S-Cross petrol is said to go on sale in the Indian market sometime in early-June. Bookings for the 2020 S-Cross has unofficially begun in certain dealerships, for a token amount of Rs 11,000. Deliveries of the new Maruti S-Cross petrol will begin, post the launch.
Once launched in India, the new Maruti S-Cross will come with a single petrol engine offering. This will be in the form of the 1.5-litre four-cylinder unit producing 104bhp and 138Nm of peak torque. This engine also powers other Maruti Suzuki products such as the Ciaz, Ertiga and the XL6; among a few others.
The 1.5-litre petrol engine will replace the old Fiat-sourced 1.3-litre diesel unit on the outgoing Maruti S-Cross. The new petrol-powered S-Cross will also come with a choice of either a manual or automatic transmission unit. This will be the first time the S-Cross will get an automatic gearbox, since its launch in the country.
Other details disclosed in the report are the variants. The new Maruti S-Cross petrol is said to be available in three variants: Delta, Zeta and Alpha. The ‘Delta' variant will replace the ‘Sigma' as the new base-spec trim in the model lineup. The 2020 Maruti S-Cross petrol is expected to come with a starting price of Rs 9.90 lakh, ex-showroom.
Apart from the major mechanical changes, the 2020 Maruti S-Cross is expected to remain unchanged. The 2020 S-Cross petrol was first showcased at the Auto Expo, held in February this year.
Thoughts About The 2020 Maruti S-Cross Petrol
The Maruti S-Cross was the first model to be part of the brand's premium NEXA showrooms. The crossover has gained popularity over time and the availability of a petrol-powered version is sure to attract more customers as well.