- 3 hrs ago 2020 TVS Apache RR310 BS6 (First Ride) Review: Crafted To Be More Invisible Than Before
- 6 hrs ago New Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Turbo-Petrol Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.68 Lakh
- 6 hrs ago Hyundai i20 2020 Models Interiors Revealed Ahead Of India Launch: Details And Expected Features
- 7 hrs ago New Mercedes-Benz A-Class Sedan Bookings Open In India: Launch Expected In The Coming Months
- Lifestyle 5 Chic Hairstyles To Disguise Greasy Hair
- Movies Malaika Arora Feels ‘Chaiyya Chaiyya’ Should Not Be Remixed: ‘It Is Iconic’
- News Delhi police seals AAP councilor Tahir Hussain's factory in Khajoori Khas
- Technology Indian Consumes 11GB Data Per Month: Nokia
- Finance Axis Bank Appoints New CFO
- Sports India vs New Zealand: Virat Kohli, Pujara find new angles at nets to tackle NZ bowlers
- Travel Least Polluted Cities In India
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
The Maruti Ignis since its inception has had a good amount of fan following. At the time of launch, the crossover hatchback was offered with both petrol and diesel options. However, the company had to discontinue the diesel variant since it was not a success.
According to GaadiWaadi, the Maruti Ignis is due for a facelift and a BS6 engine update and will make its debut at the upcoming 2020 Auto Expo. So what can we expect from the upcoming facelifted Ignis? Read more to find out.
Starting with the front end, the facelifted Ignis will be getting a new bumper and a redesigned front grille. Also, the front bumper will feature a faux skid plate to enhance the crossover hatchback's looks. The car gets the same set of headlight units with a projector and LED DRLs and a set of foglights that are positioned on either side of the bumper.
Considering the changes done to the front end, the rear is also expected to get some updates like a set of new taillights and a revised bumper. There will also be a roof-mounted spoiler as an optional accessory.
On the inside, the facelifted Ignis will get a revised interior and a new colour upholstery for the seats. Details about what all has changed are still not known. The car will also get a new SmartPlay Studio unit that is already available on the new Baleno. Along with Apple CarPlay and AndroidAuto, the SmartPlay Studio will have some additional features such as information on the driving behavior and fuel consumption.
Mechanically, the Ignis is powered by a 1.2-litre, K12B petrol engine. That engine is capable of producing 82bhp of power and a peak torque of 113Nm. The Facelifted Ignis is expected to get the same K12B engine but, in a BS6 avatar; And since it will be a BS6 compliant engine, we expected the power and torque figures to decrease slightly. Transmission options include a 5-speed manual and a 5-speed AMT.
Thoughts On The BS6 Maruti Ignis
The Maruti Ignis is an entry-level premium hatchback offering in India. The premium hatchback will continue to be sold through Nexa dealerships across the country. Once launched, the facelifted BS6 Ignis will go up against the like of the Mahindra KUV100, Hyundai Grand i10, and the Renault Kwid Climber.