- 2 hrs ago Tata Gravitas Interiors Revealed While Testing Again Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 3 hrs ago Ford EcoSport Price Hike Announced In India: Receives Marginal Increase
- 3 hrs ago Demand For Kids Helmet On The Rise In Bangalore: Here’s Why!
- 5 hrs ago New Hyundai i20 Mileage Figures Revealed: Which Is The Most Fuel-Efficient Variant?
- News France: Two dead in knife attack
- Sports Alfa Romeo to remain on Formula One grid for 2021
- Technology Apple Developing Own Search Engine Despite Google’s Dominance; Will It Work?
- Finance IndusInd Bank Goes Live On RBI’s ‘Account Aggregator Framework’
- Movies Malvi Malhotra Undergoes Plastic Surgery; Says It Might Take 2-3 Months Before She's Alright
- Lifestyle Kajal Aggarwal Begins Her Pre-Wedding Festivities And Flaunts A Floral Kurta Set That We So Love
- Travel 10 Best Places To visit In Odisha In November
- Education TN 11th Supplementary Result 2020: Check TN HSE +1 Plus One Result 2020
Maruti Suzuki is said to have postponed the launch of the next-generation Celerio hatchback in the Indian market. The new-generation Maruti Suzuki Celerio hatchback was initially expected to go on sale during the festivities of Diwali this year.
Note: Images used are for representational purposes only.
As per reports from Autocar India, the launch has now been postponed to early-2021. The hatchback has been spied multiple times testing on the Indian streets, with the new-generation version being a much-anticipated model. According to the reports, the reason for Maruti Suzuki rescheduling the launch of the next-generation Celerio was due to a delay from their supplier's end.
The updates to the new Maruti Suzuki Celerio is said to be on the lines of a significant overhaul and not just limited to a minor facelift. The new-generation Celerio then will come with a completely new design, more in line with the brand's latest styling philosophy.
The new Celerio hatchback is also expected to be part of the brand's HEARTECT platform, which also underpins other models such as the WagonR and Swift. This will help make the new-gen Celerio lose weight, while also offering more robust underpinnings. The Celerio could also come with larger overall dimensions, translating to better interior space as well.
Talking about the interiors, the new Maruti Suzuki Celerio is expected to receive a completely new cabin layout. The hatchback will also feature a new instrument cluster, added features and will also come with a large infotainment unit equipped with Maruti Suzuki's latest-gen SmartPlay Studio system with smartphone connectivity.
Maruti Suzuki is also said to be offering the next-generation Celerio with two petrol engine options. Both of which will be carried over from the WagonR, which includes the 1.0-litre unit churning out 63bhp and the larger 1.2-litre K-Series engine producing 83bhp. Both engines will be mated to a five-speed manual, with the higher variants also receiving the optional AMT transmission.
Thoughts About The New-Generation Maruti Suzuki Celerio Hatchback Launch Timeline
The next-generation Maruti Suzuki Celerio hatchback will come with a significant number of updates, which will make it a more attractive offering in the segment. The current-gen Celerio currently rivals the likes of the Tata Tiago, Ford Figo and the Hyundai Santro in the market.